Can hair be permed loosely

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxed

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just a quick question, can you have your hair permed so that it has big loose curls.

Thank you

Angela

Hi guys

Just a quick question, can you have your hair permed so that it has big loose curls.

Thank you

Angela
Depends- generally a loose perm gives more of a wave or touseled look, not the crisp defined large curls you are probably imagining.

Thanks are they only acheived buy tongs

Angela

Yes You Can Get Your Hair Permed Loosely,
Tell Your Stylist You Want A Perm Thats Going To
Give You The Look You Could Acheive With Tongs.

i Get My Hair Permed Loosely Every 4 Months
& Its Simply To Save Me The Time & Effort Of Tonging It Every Day.

Yes you can have a loose perm, I have thick hair which is permed on large rollers, I also have color on it, but just root touch up each time. I have an acid perm which is really soft and gentle. I use curling tongs on small sections this doesn't take long in the mornings you get a nice soft tousled look. Next time I think I am going to go for a smaller rod though for a bit more curl. I think perms are great, invest in a good shampoo and a conditioner your stylist will advise you.

I heard that you can not have a perm if you have bleached hair, I would love a very loose perm but have bleached hair and so dont know if it would be risky to have a perm! Also how long do they tend to last for?
xxx

I heard that you can not have a perm if you have bleached hair, I would love a very loose perm but have bleached hair and so dont know if it would be risky to have a perm! Also how long do they tend to last for?
xxx

Hi, it wouldn't really be advisable if it is bleached, as it can go like a straight frizz and suffer breakage .:hug: x

No never perm bleached hair, if you want a perm it would be best to grow all the bleached hair out, have it all cut out gradually, and perm on your natural color, or a semi permenent, or a color with a low creme developer added, ie 6% or below only.

Latest posts

Back