Can he hear me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking of you and your family xxx

I'm so so sorry I don't know what to say apart from sending you love and hugs xxx

Bless you, Glamoureyes.

The last thing to go is always the hearing, so definitely yes. He will hear you talking. It's why you don't talk bad, even if they're in a really bad way :(

I said my goodbyes to my aunt before she died and held her hand. I knew she could hear me.

Thinking of you x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Bless you. I was told with my father that hearing remains. I also think it can be a comfort for you if you can say all the things you need to say.
I am thinking of you.

I believe that they can hear you :)

My heart goes out to you. Keep on chattering away lovely.

Sending you love and white light xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow I'm overwhelmed with the messages and thank you for the private messages too.

Things weren't quite so dark as expected tonight. I got to say "night night see you in the morning" rather than "sleep tight".

He's still not out of the woods, still highly critical and still no idea how it's going, buuuut... there is hope!

Fingers crossed my chatting will bring him round so he can tell me to "shut up and take a breath" like he normally does lol he can finish the joke he'd started telling me too ;)

Thank you so much everyone xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

My heart is going out to you. Hold on to that hope and keep talking. So much love to you xxx

Sending big hugs to you. Xxxx

My heart goes out to you x

Thank you xxx means a lot xxx <3

Thank you both. I believe he can hear me too. I was sat by his bedside chatting to him. Felt a bit silly as it was like talking to a brick wall, but I'm used to that with my OH lol.

At least I get a little comfort hopefully knowing he could hear me talking to him and telling him I loved him, even if he couldn't respond.

I'm pretty sure he could feel me touching him too as his arm twitched a few times.
Thanks geeks xxxx

I spent years working as an intensive care nurse, so caring for coma induced and unconscious patients was a large part of my working day. We never stopped talking to and communicating with the patients in our care whether they be unconscious due to anaesthesia, comatosed due to disease or trauma or drug induced for health benefits.

For example, If we were about to give a bed bath, we introduced ourselves and explained what we were doing throughout to the patient.

It is medically understood that the sense of sound remains present when someone is unconscious and that a patient particularly hears the sounds and voices most familiar to him/her eg. Close family and friends. Even if there is no outward physical sign that they can hear, the sense is being processed mentally. The human brain is an amazingly incredible vital organ.

I am genuinely sorry for this difficult time for you right now. Continue talking, touching and holding hands. Even offer something you think will be enjoyed such as reading a favourite book or playing a favourite tune or recounting an enjoyable time.

Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery. :hug:

I spent years working as an intensive care nurse, so caring for coma induced and unconscious patients was a large part of my working day. We never stopped talking to and communicating with the patients in our care whether they be unconscious due to anaesthesia, comatosed due to disease or trauma or drug induced for health benefits.

For example, If we were about to give a bed bath, we introduced ourselves and explained what we were doing throughout to the patient.

It is medically understood that the sense of sound remains present when someone is unconscious and that a patient particularly hears the sounds and voices most familiar to him/her eg. Close family and friends. Even if there is no outward physical sign that they can hear, the sense is being processed mentally. The human brain is an amazingly incredible vital organ.

I am genuinely sorry for this difficult time for you right now. Continue talking, touching and holding hands. Even offer something you think will be enjoyed such as reading a favourite book or playing a favourite tune or recounting an enjoyable time.

Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery. :hug:

Thank you so much for your message it's a great comfort. I will continue everything I am doing xx

P.S. I would also like to add - the staff in ITU are the most incredible people and do not get the credit they deserve. So I would like to thank you for being one of these incredible members of staff that help our families through these extremely hard and tragic times xxx

Last edited:
Yesterday I said "sleep tight" as he went to sleep forever :'( There is another bright star is the sky now. He is the brightest of them all xxxxx

Yesterday I said "sleep tight" as he went to sleep forever :'( There is another bright star is the sky now. He is the brightest of them all xxxxx

Sending hugs, love and peace to you xxxxx

Sending much love and many hugs your way lovely.
Xx

Thinking of you today hun. X

Sending you the tightest of hugs right now xx
My thoughts are with you and all who surround him x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sending thoughts and love to you and your family xxx

Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts - and hugs!!! X

I'm so sorry xx

Latest posts

Back