Can I advertise?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluemire

Reaction score
Hi all.
So I need advice, I had a stylist work for me who was very intimidating and quite overpowering. She left my salon and I have spent the last 5 weeks fixing bad cuts, colours etc.
So when she left she had 2 extension clients who she "gave" to me. I am trained and qualified in everything but extensions. One lady came in devastated as her sew in extensions came out after 2 weeks. I explained I wasn't qualified in it BUT I would repare it as good as possible. Long story coming to an end I did her colour and extensions and they are amazing. I want to advertise but I'm scared as I have no paper qualification. Any advice appreciated x

I don’t think you’ll be covered by your insurance if you haven’t completed any formal training in extensions. However, give them a call and check.
If you basically know what you’re doing, invest in a short course to get qualified and then advertise your services.
I think you were a bit silly to risk doing them without ensuring you were fully insured beforehand.

It doesn’t matter how good a job you do. The odd tricky clients who threaten to sue at the drop of a hat will give you hell if they realise you’re not insured to carry out a particular service. Some people love to complain and try to get something for nothing.
Don’t give them the opportunity.

The la weave course isn’t that expensive with km training, I’ve done it and the weave is my most popular extension service x

Latest posts

Back