Can I bleach my hair after using Caca Brun?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Livc2000

Reaction score
Basically I’ve booked in with a colourist to have my brown hair balayaged blonde and have baby lights put throughout. I told my colourist I’d used henna on my hair about 2 years ago and she said it’d be fine, but upon doing my own further research I’d found more horror stories that have scared me. I worked it out and I used caca brun exactly 27 months ago and only used it the once, but it contains indigo and I’ve read that this is a permanent dye and can leave hair blue after bleaching? Is there any possibility this won’t be the case and my hair isn’t permanently dyed after only using it once? It didn’t really do anything to my hair colour when I used it.

Your colourist should insist on doing an incompatibility test as well as a patch test before your appointment.
It’s the metal compounds within the Henna that can react with the bleach mixture and cause your hair to break off. Unfortunately, the henna doesn’t wash out very easily and you usually have to either wait for it to grow out or get it cut off.

If they haven’t insisted on testing, I’d be cancelling the appointment and finding a colourist who cares about what they’re doing!

Latest posts

Back