Can I claim with Salon Gold for damaged table?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail angel 67

Reaction score
I really need some advice from my geek friends :sad: I feel absolutely devastated and so guilty as I've just been to do a client's nails for the first time and set out all my equipment on her 6 month old wooden table. I laid out my towel and usual and started using the acetone to remove her nails but a little splash got on the table and she now has a little circle of lighter colour (where the varnish seems to have been removed) about the size of a 5p piece!

She said not to worry and that once she polishes it or in a couple of weeks it may not look so bad but I insisted that if it doesn't then to please let me know and I'll buy her a new one (£300!!!!) or claim on my mobile insurance.

Now does anyone know if my insurance does cover this? I only took it out a couple of weeks ago and haven't even read through the paperwork properly yet and seem to be having a bit of trouble seeing the links to the various documentation for it. I have standard mobile nail tech insurance with Salon Gold.

Can anyone enlighten me on this please? I feel sick to the pit of my stomach and I know I won't hardly be able to think about anything else all day ... :cry:

I think your best advice would be to call and seek advice from Salon Gold. The relevant information is always best straight from the horses mouth, and they can tell you exactly what your policy involves x

I do not think you would be covered. The only way to know for sure would be to ring them and ask as soon as they open tomorrow.

I believe they expect you to either use your own table or to provide adequite protection to a clients table (a platsic tablecloth or similar).

There are other threads about a clients tables being damaged in a similar way so your not alone.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/172779-omg-acetone-nightmare.html
http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/122267-i-really-cant-take-mobile.html

I know it is not what you want to hear. Hugs :Love::Love:

im with abt they require you use an impermeable material on the table so I would not be covered hth x

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

OK thanks guys - not looking good then :cry: x

The other thing is, my darling, that there is no need to buy a new table anyway, this can be repaired. See how things go, contact your insurers if the woman wants to claim and look out for a french polishers in the area. If they can't do it they will know someone who can. Much cheaper than a new table!:wink2:

The other thing is, my darling, that there is no need to buy a new table anyway, this can be repaired. See how things go, contact your insurers if the woman wants to claim and look out for a french polishers in the area. If they can't do it they will know someone who can. Much cheaper than a new table!:wink2:

Yes thank you for that I suppose it's another option - I just don't want to put the lady out as she works all week and would probably have to take time off to get it done too. Mind you it's not a massive table so I could always offer to pick it up and get them to do it at mine if it worked out cheaper that way. So far she's not making a massive thing of it so I suppose I'm keeping my fingers crossed she'll not worry about it as much as me! If she doesn't end up wanting to complain I'll probably offer to do a free set of nails for her to say sorry.

Think Baggybear is totally right.
After a few other threads on here of similar situations, I went straight out and bought a huge platic table protector from John Lewis. I use that everytime under my towel and more.
xx

Bless you .. i have been offered to do it at a clients table so many times "so you dont have to lug that table out the boot" etc.. have always declined..

Your best to be honest to cover all possiblities.. as people tend to change their minds at the flick of a switch.. just cover your back sweetie so you have a plan in placce if the occasion arises.

Sarah xx

I think your best advice would be to call and seek advice from Salon Gold. The relevant information is always best straight from the horses mouth, and they can tell you exactly what your policy involves x

exactly best to phone them and explain xxx

Yes I'll be phoning as soon as I can tomorrow. Thanks for all your support its one of the many things I love about this site xxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

Hi everyone

Thanks for all your advice yesterday regarding my "maybe" insurance claim for spilling acetone on my client's wooden table.

Just to let you know that I have contacted Salon Gold today and apparently I am covered with their mobile insurance for the spillage. They've logged it down for now and told me to get in touch should I need to make a claim for it. I have a £50 excess but I should manage to live with that if necessary - better than £300 if it's a replacement table that's needed!

Keeping my fingers crossed though that my client doesn't insist on claiming after all (and I can get away with just doing a free treatment to say sorry) but thought I would just let you know should the nightmare happen to anyone else!

Use the clients ironing board in future :D great advice from my tutor (everyone has one they adjust to any height, and way easier than stretching over a table or lugging one around a sturdy one is sooo heavy) and if you do happen to spill a wee bit acetone a new ironing board cover is under £10 hth xx

Use the clients ironing board in future :D great advice from my tutor (everyone has one they adjust to any height, and way easier than stretching over a table or lugging one around a sturdy one is sooo heavy) and if you do happen to spill a wee bit acetone a new ironing board cover is under £10 hth xx

Thanks for that Sarah, great idea but my table is really light and compact anyway. I got it from The Range and it's supposed to be a picnic table but folds up well and has a little carry handle so it's not bad to lug are at all and is surprisingly sturdy. I had actually forgotten to take it yesterday hence using the client's table but I hopefully won't be making that mistake again and if I do then hopefully she's got an ironing board - LOL!

Latest posts

Back