Can I get my hair back right without it being damaged??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahmarie

Reaction score
Hello you hair pro's! I'm hopin for some advice. For many years now, I have been very light blonde. Like baby blonde. I am actually very dark brunette naturally but blonde just suits me sooooooooooooo much better and I just don't feel or look like 'me' if I'm not blonde. However, I have wondered the last couple of months if it's better if I go a more natural, darker blonde.. BUT still staying a definate blonde. I do not want to be brunette, (not for a few years at least anyway). I went into my hairdressers last Thurs and explained that I want to be a darker blonde, stressing BLONDE, not brown. However, my hair is now brown, dark too!! Also, the guy who cut my hair hacked at it, taking about 3 inches off instead of an inch like we agreed. I am distraught. I am obviously wanting to find a local hairdressers that are just brilliant with colours as I am worried now that I wont get a nice blonde back again.. The normal procedure for my hair every 5 weeks is that I have my roots lifted right up and a toner through, so I don't keep repeatedly having bleach put on the same strands of hair, only the roots if I'm making sense! I'm just asking really, am I able to get my nice blonde hair back again by a new decent colourist without my hair breaking etc..?? I can't get the length back which I am upset about but if I can at least feel confident with the colour again then I can have confidence with a new hairdresser you see!!! Also, any hairdressers in my area who feel they can help me then please let me know as I chose my last hairdressers out of the 'good hair guide' in a magazine, even though I was never really getting what I wanted, or paid for from them!!! Sorry it's so long-winded!!! Sare xx

It is possible to get a nice blonde back but be ready for a long haul. It isn't going to happen in just a couple of sessions. You will need to protein condition and moisturize to keep the condition of your hair in good shape.
Next time when doing a consult with a hairstylist..have them repeat everything you said back to you. This will confirm that what you said is what they heard. ;)

Pictures of color work well also.
Best of luck
jayne~

Yes, asking them to repeat back to me what I want is a good tip, thanks!
I know I'm asking a lot but its just that in 3 weks, it's my birthday, and the day after is my cousins wedding!! I just don't feel half as nice without my blonde. Was hoping to put up with it for 3 weeks, (which is bad enough believe me!) then it would be fantastic if I could get it nice again for these occasions. I do thoroughly condition my hair, as well as using a strengthening leave-in conditioner to apparently stop split ends etc... ????

What I guess I am trying to say with expect a long haul is that the blonde that you use to be ...the one you yearn for now? Getting your hair highlighted one time probeley isn't going to be what you use to be..You can be fairly blonde in one sitting but it won't be quite as blonde as you are wanting.
Most leavin conditioners are for help protecting against the blowdyer and curling iron damage. It is good to use a leave in. Deep conditons, ones that you wash your hair, towel dry it apply protein/mosituizer and wrap hair in plastic cap and warm towel for 10 to 15 mins is what I am talking about and should be done at least twice a month.
When you apply moisturizing conditioner in the shower without taking a towel to it first is like using a creme rinse and a total waste of a good moisturizer that requires 5 to 10 mins to do any good.
Why? because your hair is like a sponge, it soaks up water, fills itself to the brim and when you try and put condition on it, the conditioner just sits on top because there isn't any room in the hair shaft for the mositurizer conditioner to penetrate. and therefore will just wash down the drain. Waste of money and a waste of hotwater waiting for the conditoner to moisturize your hair.

Okay there is something for you to chew on...;)
Hopefully I didn't confuse everyone.

Thank you for the advice!! I am booked in tomorrow (saturday) to hopefully get it sorted.. It's ging to cost A LOT though, but hopefully will be worth it!!!
They all seem very nice, as well as very knowledgable! Fingers crossed!!!
xx

My fingers are crossed..good luck.. just make sure the stylist HEARS what you are saying..:D

i'm not a hair geek so cannot offer any advice but i hope you get it sorted hunny

xx

Well, I'm back home!! and I'm very pleased. They have totally rescued my hair. There was a definate ginger band- the colour my old hairdressers turned the roots that they got rid of, loads of khaki through the 'brown' that they have got rid of, there was apparently copper underneath too, which they have got rid of!!! They have done sooooo perfectly. It is lovely, it's brown and blonde, a lovely blonde and a lovely brown. The only thing is that it looks mostly brown really but with all the cock-ups my old hairdressers did, they have done absolutely brilliantly!!! Now that the really challenging worst of it is done, it will hopefully be easier and cheaper from now, then I can build up the amount of blonde in it again. I like the brown and blonde but next time I would love to be able look more blonde. BUT I am very very grateful at my hair saviours at John English!!!! :green:

:Look_righ CONGRATS!!!!!!!!:Look_left

Happy to hear that you followed thru even though you were probably scared:Scared: to death.. they did well and now you are on the correct road to being a blonde again. So very happy for you.
No it shouldn't cost as much next time. What they were doing today was called "Corrective work" sorting out all the color mistakes in your hair and balancing it back out to get you
to your goal.
:hug:

:Look_righ CONGRATS!!!!!!!!:Look_left

Happy to hear that you followed thru even though you were probably scared:Scared: to death.. they did well and now you are on the correct road to being a blonde again. So very happy for you.
No it shouldn't cost as much next time. What they were doing today was called "Corrective work" sorting out all the color mistakes in your hair and balancing it back out to get you
to your goal.
:hug:

Ha, thank u!!!!! Just thought though... all the crap colours that have had to be sorted by my new hairdressers; will they come back or are they actually gone now? I mean, will the new colour fade to reveal the khaki/copper etc in time or is the dark hair ok for me to leave now, and just have more blonde put through, maintaining all the blonde each time I go in future.. If I'm making sense sorry?? x

That question I cannot answer because I am not sure what they actually did to your hair. You will have to bring that one with the hairstylist at your next appt.

Ok, yes your right.. I will do that thanks!!

Latest posts

Back