Can I get public liability insurance without a qualification?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerry Eastwood

Reaction score
Hi all
I have been doing Shellac overlays and gel extentions for a few years now on close circle of friends and family. I want to expand therefore I am looking into insurance. I've noticed it looks like you need a qualification before obtaining insurance, is that right?
I am self taught so are there any other options for me?
Thanks

Hi all
I have been doing Shellac overlays and gel extentions for a few years now on close circle of friends and family. I want to expand therefore I am looking into insurance. I've noticed it looks like you need a qualification before obtaining insurance, is that right?
I am self taught so are there any other options for me?
Thanks

That is correct, without accredited qualification(s), you will not be able to obtain insurance cover.

Why don’t you make enquiries about turning your interest in nails official? The thing with self teaching is that it’s easy to pick up bad habits, as well as incorrect prep and aftercare routines.

A question to ask yourself is perhaps how would you feel if any of your close friends and family developed allergies, infections, greenies? The answer, which I’ll assume is “not great”, would be to get yourself onto an accredited training course at the earliest opportunity.

Latest posts

Back