Can I get some product recommendations for a natural looking blonde?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A007

Reaction score
My natural hair color is about a level 6 light-med. brown.

I have been bleaching my hair and with 1 application I can get to a level 10 easy, currently my hair color is about a level 9-10 very very light blonde almost white-ish.
So now I just do my re-growth.

The problem is, I don't want white color! I just want a natural looking light blonde/something similar to the photo's here: sorry for the links but the pictures might appear too big to post.

http://www.besthairstyles2013.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/blonde-hairstyles-2013-10.jpg

http://static4.depositphotos.com/10...nde-woman-with-lily-flower-smile-isolated.jpg

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/cm/har...hbz-blondes-January-Jones-1211-CzN3XH-lgn.jpg

They're light blonde's but not white, when I bleach my hair/roots my hair end's up looking like a highlighter exactly I also have problems with orangey tones and bright yellow tones. which a purple shampoo does help a bit.
The hair colors in the photo's are light but very toned it appears which is something I want.

Also, something you should know, I have tried mixing my own color using Sally's developers and separate hair color and the result was= grey hair!
I have tried using a toner and the result was=grey hair! or a dark brown.

I don't know why this happens, it's possible my hair might be too porous? but I have used a porosity shampoo and conditioner and I mean I really do take good care of my hair, I do treatments all the time, I have never had this problem.

and I can still use drugstore box dye and it turns out fine, I don't think my hair likes when I mix color and developer separately..it never turns out.

Anywho, if any of you lovely ladies could give me any kind of help I would be forever grateful! :)

-Thanks in advance.

The only advice our professional hairdressers can give you is to go to a Salon for a professional colourist to do your hair. The other option is to go to a College where a supervised student could colour your hair.

If you continue to experiment with professional use only products like bleaches and toners you will risk serious problems, like chemical burns, allergic reactions and hair breakage.

Professional colourists measure their products precisely on scales and have invested a lot in their training to achieve consistent and safe results on their clients hair.
This cannot be done at home.

I have been coloring my hair for the longest time, I can do this. I have actually been to a salon before where I came out with orange hair! even I can do better than that, and other salon's I asked them if they would help me and they said "I don't know" -____-

I just need to know what I can do..and I can do it! I'v been doing it for 8 years now. I'v seen my hair at it's worst and best and I'v made mistakes too, but right now my hair is in a pretty good place I just need to fix the color a little bit.
or the tone rather. the color maybe down 1 shade, and I need to figure out how to tone it.

In the past everytime I would tone my hair it would turn out grey or a dark brown I don't know how to fix this :/

Last edited:
I have been coloring my hair for the longest time, I can do this. I have actually been to a salon before where I came out with orange hair! even I can do better than that, and other salon's I asked them if they would help me and they said "I don't know" -____-

I just need to know what I can do..and I can do it! I'v been doing it for 8 years now. I'v seen my hair at it's worst and best and I'v made mistakes too, but right now my hair is in a pretty good place I just need to fix the color a little bit.
or the tone rather. the color maybe down 1 shade, and I need to figure out how to tone it.

In the past everytime I would tone my hair it would turn out grey or a dark brown I don't know how to fix this :/

Although you have been doing your hair yourself for years and think you can do it better than the professionals, we cannot advise you what colours/what to use as we are professionals and this post is very disrespectful to professional hairdressers. No professional on here is going to give a non professional advise with all their secret formulas, sorry but that's how it is. You should try and find a hairdresser you trust and that will get to know you and your hair x

Although you have been doing your hair yourself for years and think you can do it better than the professionals, we cannot advise you what colours/what to use as we are professionals and this post is very disrespectful to professional hairdressers. No professional on here is going to give a non professional advise with all their secret formulas, sorry but that's how it is. You should try and find a hairdresser you trust and that will get to know you and your hair x

How am I being disrespectful? you're the one not listening to my question.
I am not looking for secret formula's or anything. I am simply asking if there is a way I can tone my hair/ or not get white results from bleach.
Using product's possibly from Sally's or such store.
When did I say I want all the professional's secrets? Please do not put words in my mouth.
Please listen! to my question.

Hairdressers and professionals is NOT an option for me, that's just it.
I guess I live in a small city and there is not much to choose from. The hairdressers that we have I have been to and they have ruined my hair.

Again..I am asking if there is a way I can make bleach not turn white on me/ or tone my hair using available product's to consumers.
because I also have a problem with my hair sometimes turning grey during this toning process(or where I have to use separate products) I just wanted to know if you guys know anything about what causes that?
I have asked this question to many hairdressers and they just look at me and say I don't know..

But other than that, I am trying to find a way to get my hair light enough without it going white.

I am not being disrespectful, you are ignoring my question and putting in responses that I already stated are not an option to me. This is the response you give everyone is go to a salon! If it was as simple as going to a trusted salon/professional and doing this don't you think I wouldn't be here?

Last edited:
I can tell you the answers to why your hair turns grey when you try to tone it.

But I'd need to see your hair first to check its condition. I offer free consultations. Let me know if you'd like an appointment.

We won't offer any advice on what to do with your hair as you don't know the science of how products work and if it goes bad- like u said it has in the past it will be our un-professional fault. Ask for the best colourist in the salon

Latest posts

Back