Can I have high lift not bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

nenee

Reaction score
Hi I have dark blonde hair and been having 20 vol bleach highlights for years but my hair is snapping at the crown (I always olaplex after and have number 3 etc

Would my hair lift enough so not ginger or yellow but a natural blonde with a high lift tint with ash in it? I really want to grow my hair but it never does due to the bleach. But I don’t suit dark. It’s not 40 vol I got thy wrong I’m not a hairdresser 🤦🏼‍♀️ Many thanks

Last edited:

Haircutz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Are you doing this yourself?
Please tell me that it’s not a qualified hairdresser using bleach with 40 vol?

You shouldn’t ever need to use anything higher than 20vol with bleach on caucasian hair. No wonder it’s snapping!
🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

ronray

Reaction score
Hi I have dark blonde hair and been having 40 vol bleach highlights for years but my hair is snapping at the crown (I always olaplex after and have number 3 etc)

Would my hair lift enough so not ginger or yellow but a natural blonde with a high lift tint with ash in it? I really want to grow my hair but it never does due to the bleach. But I don’t suit dark. Many thanks
Why on earth is 40vol being used with bleach?
I'm not surprised you're getting breakage.

nenee

Reaction score
Would a high lift tint lift enough so I don’t have 20 vol bleach many thanks or just use olaplex when I have my colour. Thanks

Last edited:

ronray

Reaction score
Your hair would lift with bleach + 15vol and be in much better condition.
The Highlift + 40vol won't give enough lift. It will leave it warm and probably not light enough

nenee

Reaction score

Latest posts