Can I have my hair relaxed/straightened?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'chelle

Reaction score
Hi hair geeks

I'm not a hair professional, and I wonder if any of you can give me some advice. I have extremely thick, naturally curly hair. It is very long (waist length) and I want to do something different with it. I've always had it so long because anything much shorter, and it just looks really wide because of it being so thick and curly.

I want to try something different, and I wondered if I could get my hair permanently straightened? I know that you can have afro hair relaxed, but is there something similar I can get done for my hair? Straighteners take ages with all my hair, and its so thick and strong that after a couple of hours, kinks start to appear as the curl takes control again!!

I've never heard of anywhere that you can have permanent straigtening. Is there such a thing, can anyone enlighten me??

Hi hair geeks

I'm not a hair professional, and I wonder if any of you can give me some advice. I have extremely thick, naturally curly hair. It is very long (waist length) and I want to do something different with it. I've always had it so long because anything much shorter, and it just looks really wide because of it being so thick and curly.

I want to try something different, and I wondered if I could get my hair permanently straightened? I know that you can have afro hair relaxed, but is there something similar I can get done for my hair? Straighteners take ages with all my hair, and its so thick and strong that after a couple of hours, kinks start to appear as the curl takes control again!!

I've never heard of anywhere that you can have permanent straigtening. Is there such a thing, can anyone enlighten me??

Hi chelle , OOOh you sound as if you have one of the best types of hair to straighten
I use Wella strate and there are two methods to use within the same box.

I think your hair could be as smooth as silk with the heat straightening method,
this is the method were you would use the hot irons within the treatment
I also use this method on Afro Caribbean hair and it is a very fragile hair type and this ends up silky smooth too .

All Wellla strate is put onto dry hair .

They make one for normal hair,
and one for hair that has colour on it,

the only contraindications are is that you cannot have this type of straightening treatment performed on bleached or bleached highlighted hair

This also means that if you have had any bleach on your hair in the past and then put colour over it to cover up the bleach
then your hair will not be suitable until all bleach is cut out .

If in doubt ask your hairdresser to perform some test pieces.
if she/he doesn't want to open a new box of Wella strate
she /he can use ordinary perm lotion in a dish and pop in the test piece for 20 -30 mins
this should give a fair indication of how the condition will be

hope this helps :hug: x minky

Marvellous, thanks for that, I will speak to my hairdresser. I've never had my hair coloured or bleached so I've no worries there. I was worried that having it straightened might make it dry or strawy but from what you've said it sounds not.
thanks again!:green:

Latest posts

Back