Can I help this client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jac extreme

Reaction score
A lady came to see me the other day and asked if I could help her regarding her nails,
Approx a year ago she had a severe reaction to Amoxycillin and contracted Steven Johnson sydome and then TENS which caused loss of skin, hair, nails and partial blindness. I am posting a picture of her nails, personally I dont think there is anything I can do to help but would be interested in opinions, as I really wanted to do somenthing for her.

She has some nail growth, but what is there is deformed and can grow back into the skin itself.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 270
I'm not sure if you could put anything on them. The only thing I can think of is if you made 'occasional' nails for her. I know a lady with no big toe nails, I've made her some from l&p and she just paints them and uses them for a day and then takes them off when she's done!!! xx

I'm not sure if you could put anything on them. The only thing I can think of is if you made 'occasional' nails for her. I know a lady with no big toe nails, I've made her some from l&p and she just paints them and uses them for a day and then takes them off when she's done!!! xx

ooooooooh how does she fix them on? might be a fab option for jac's lady :)

She uses 'tit' tape! Or micropore tape! She cleans the area first and then wraps it over (making it like double sided tape) and then sticks them on! I've told her to use surgical spirit to take off any sticky left by the tape.

The reason we chose that tape was because it was designed to go on the skin so would not cause any unwanted reaction.

She uses 'tit' tape! Or micropore tape! She cleans the area first and then wraps it over (making it like double sided tape) and then sticks them on! I've told her to use surgical spirit to take off any sticky left by the tape.

The reason we chose that tape was because it was designed to go on the skin so would not cause any unwanted reaction.

I think thats fantastic! I bet she feels great when she goes for a night out!

Hope you can find a way to help your client jac :hug:

Hi jac hun,
I too can only suggest making her enhancements and mabey applying them with gelbond ,

even though they will be on for short term periods will still make her feel better about herself,

Dare I even say to have some full nail tips and you could paint them or even put a nice custom french l+p or subtle glitters to hide the nail beds on them then apply these to her,
That way she could also have "spares"

Id be a little concerened working on that thumb though,
Has she had the ok from the doc to have enhancments applied already ?

Hi Jaq (oooh! that sounds like an attack!)

Over the years I've had quite a few ladies with similar problems. Sometimes the loss of nails can be the last straw. It is absolutely possible to make some nails for her. They will obviously not be very strong but will make her feel so much better when she needs it.

I suggest you sculpt them directly on to her nail bed as they will then fit perfectly. I suggest you put a bit of oil on her skin so you can make them and release them. I would even recommend using Popits as then you wont have the finishing to do. You could even make her a few sets.

When she wants to wear them, I would suggest a gel adhesive like Gelbond as this will make sure they fit well (but only use a little). It is unlikely to produce a reaction as this type of adhesive is usually of a medical grade but you could do a little patch test if unsure.

To remove them, a little oil down the sides should release the adhesive from the skin. If not some acetone dropped down will do it. She can then clean off most of the adhesive with a cotton bud dipped in acetone and use the tip 1-2 more times.

I've recently got involved with a charity called 'Look good, Feel great'. It is all about women who have been diagnosed with cancer and have the horrible symptoms. The plan is to make a video on loads of self help tips and ideas from well known people in the hair and beauty industries etc. I was asked to do the nail bit and am delighted to do so.

Good luck. PM me if I can help any more

Thanks everyone
Marian, thankyou for your help. I will tell her of your advice and ask her to get a letter from her GP to give the go ahead, as long as my boss is ok with it.

Latest posts

Back