can i just use clear tips.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurab71

Reaction score
I have been thinking about tips after yesterdays sham. I have been using natural tips and have always hated the boring blending bit. But i got these clear tips from the suppliers & they basically have no well so they go on great. I was just wondering if you could use clear tips for all nail enhancements or should i stick to natural aswell.
laws.:eek:

Clear tips are great for designs you wnat to see through or glitter tips so they look glittery on the underside...but why buy more tips...just cut the well out of your natural tips with some curved scissors...hey presto no blending necessary..

hth

or you could file most of the well out of your natural tips before applying them, but there is nothing wrong with only using clear tips.
some clients request natural tips with just the pink l+p over for a more natural finish if they arent keen on the french look, so id suggest to keep some just in case, unless you can do custom blending on the free edge.

HTH xx

Thanks girls. I am gonna try and cut out as i am sick of the boring blending. Dont mind a little blending but not too much.:green:

i do natural tip blend on alot of nail biters but when you do the acrylic you can still see the curve where their natural nail ends, so i paint french over.....do clear tips solve this??xx

I'm sorry but I just don't get this thread at all. As a nail tech you have to be able to blend tips, it is a pain until you learn to do it properly then it becomes second nature and doesnt take long, especially if the tips are sized properly.

If you find blending tips boring then why not try sculpting? This will save all your hassle and give your clients the full service that they deserve.

I'm sorry but I just don't get this thread at all. As a nail tech you have to be able to blend tips, it is a pain until you learn to do it properly then it becomes second nature and doesnt take long, especially if the tips are sized properly.

If you find blending tips boring then why not try sculpting? This will save all your hassle and give your clients the full service that they deserve.

I have to say i'm with Fi on this one, blending is part of the job. I tend to sculpt more than I tip but i still enjoy it as the satisfaction of blending that seam away until it vanishes is amazing, having the client say "WOW" when they see that the tip just kinda melts into their nail is just the best.:hug:

sometimes when i want a natural (american) french look on myself, I place the tip between my thumb and forefinger.. then holding my file as i would to finish the arch i file out the well.. give's it a nice smile...
using clear you still have to blend as you would a natural or else you will just see shadow.. IMO..

i know how to blend tips, just didnt know if there was a diffrence between clear and natural on the blend line!!!

i know how to blend tips, just didnt know if there was a diffrence between clear and natural on the blend line!!!
It's irrespective as to whether you use clear or natural tips, the less tip you have on the nail the better, the tip is a canvas for the product, the product provides the strength.

If a tip is blended properly there will be no difference, apart from the clear being clear and the natural being natural :)

As for seeing the free edge under a clear tip then yes you will unless you are using glitter etc

Latest posts

Back