Can I put a sign up for a home salon??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherp

Reaction score
Hi guys

Wonder if you can help me. I have recently set up a salon in an extension on my home and was wondering if I would be able to put a small plaque type sign on a wall of the house. I don't want a huge one, just something similar to the house number/name ones you can get.

I don't pay business rates or anything like that at mo, so would this change or are there any other legal implications that anyone knows about?

Thanks guys

Heather

Check the deeds of your house - there may be restrictive covenants prohibiting you running a business from your home. And a plaque outside your house is the sort of thing that would draw attention from nosey neighbours!

I asked the council if i could display a A board outside my house on the grass verge but was told i would be refused permission, but they did say i could put it on my land and any other advertising signs..xx

I'm allowed to display my signage in my front window - and as far as I know any where on my property so long as its not the nature strip.

You will need to check with your local Planning Department.

I don't pay business rates or anything like that at mo, so would this change or are there any other legal implications that anyone knows about?
If you dedicate a area of your home, permanently to business, I believe you have to pay business rates for that area.

Hi If your looking for a sign? Vista print do lawn signs have alook... hths xx

Latest posts

Back