Can I put soak off gel polish over hard gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soniamarie

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if I put a gel polish over a hard gel when its time to have infils can I just soak the gel polish off then infil with hard gel and re do the gel polish. Not used hard gels before and trying to work out how to do infils if client has a gel colour over the extension etc.

Yeah should be fine.
You could always just buff it off with hand file or drill. It'd be so much quicker and no problem to the gel underneath

Yeah should be fine.
You could always just buff it off with hand file or drill. It'd be so much quicker and no problem to the gel underneath
Thank you I use calgel at the moment and have more gel polishes but would have to soak off or buff as much of the colour off as I can, I am looking at trying a hard gel so was not sure.

File off the colour, don't soak it off. It will affect the enhancement underneath. x

Technically yes the hard gel should be fine but I personally think it's much better to file the colour off, much quicker too!

I've always buffed gel off in case the gel gets melty underneath, you never know what's going to reduce the strength of your Gels.

If cleaning products and suncream etc can do it, then acetone is a potential too.

Just buff n go [emoji4]x

Thank you all for your advice, I will try next time thinking of ordering my hard gels tonight, even though I like calgel I find soaking them off effects my nails, they become sore but I do have eczema on my hands which has affected my nails, which is why I want to do my nails. On clients not so bad but yes I will file off and see how I get along.

Much faster and not damaging to file it off.

Thank you all for your advice, I will try next time thinking of ordering my hard gels tonight, even though I like calgel I find soaking them off effects my nails, they become sore but I do have eczema on my hands which has affected my nails, which is why I want to do my nails. On clients not so bad but yes I will file off and see how I get along.
I realise I’m posting to an old post, but just wondered if you ever tried to soak off and if so, what happened? I’m trying Akzentz hard gels (only on myself and a couple of people so far) and thinking of trying Light Elegance too. I’m wearing Akzentz Trinity underneath a hybrid gel polish (Artistic). I e-file, but as Artistic soaks off very easily, I’ve been wondering if soaking would be a quicker way of removal.

I realise I’m posting to an old post, but just wondered if you ever tried to soak off and if so, what happened? I’m trying Akzentz hard gels (only on myself and a couple of people so far) and thinking of trying Light Elegance too. I’m wearing Akzentz Trinity underneath a hybrid gel polish (Artistic). I e-file, but as Artistic soaks off very easily, I’ve been wondering if soaking would be a quicker way of removal.

Just so you know, the OP has been absent since last year, so may or may not reply to your post.

Just so you know, the OP has been absent since last year, so may or may not reply to your post.
thanks for letting me know. :)

Latest posts

Back