Can I really go back and complain for the fourth time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautymanager

Reaction score
Hi,

Need some advice after a horrible week in and out of the salon!

Im naturally a 7 but have had highlights and lowlights over the past two years. finally got it to the colour i like after two different hairdressers messes it up a few years ago.

it was a nice natural looking light blonde. I needes my roots done but im trying to save my hair from any more damage as its finally healthy, so asked thw hairdresser to do a subtle root drag with my natural colour and blend a few blondes through. He said that would be fine and would save mw having it done so often!

I Left with a warm/copper brown to my ears more like an ombre style,it looked ok and it blended well but i didnt like it on me so gave it a few days then asked hime to put a fewmore blondes through to break it up.

He agreed and did his thing.

When He washed off my colour his face dropped. My whole half a head was a burnt orange and mucky yellow blonde it looked awful!!!

He didmt say anything other then "thats much better" and rushed me out. In the sunlight it looked awful i went back the next day and he apologised and put an ashy bleach through and toner all over.

It looked ok in that light but the toner is fading and it is a MESS!

warm brown roots grey looking highlights over mucky dark dull blonde and underneath is my original lovely blonde but all together it looks like a 5 year old has gone mad on my hair

£130 down the drain and dry messed up hair!

Can i really go back again?! Im so annoyed aftrr two years of getting it back to a healthy blonde im back to square one

Where do i go from here? What can i do?

Redo services are really common for salons but are really low-key, I don't think you should be ashamed to go back or even ask for a refund and get your hair done elsewhere. They have misunderstood what you wanted and done a poor job of it, I think the customer is always right and you should get your money back and not have it done there ever again.

Hi,

Need some advice after a horrible week in and out of the salon!

Im naturally a 7 but have had highlights and lowlights over the past two years. finally got it to the colour i like after two different hairdressers messes it up a few years ago.

it was a nice natural looking light blonde. I needes my roots done but im trying to save my hair from any more damage as its finally healthy, so asked thw hairdresser to do a subtle root drag with my natural colour and blend a few blondes through. He said that would be fine and would save mw having it done so often!

I Left with a warm/copper brown to my ears more like an ombre style,it looked ok and it blended well but i didnt like it on me so gave it a few days then asked hime to put a fewmore blondes through to break it up.

He agreed and did his thing.

When He washed off my colour his face dropped. My whole half a head was a burnt orange and mucky yellow blonde it looked awful!!!

He didmt say anything other then "thats much better" and rushed me out. In the sunlight it looked awful i went back the next day and he apologised and put an ashy bleach through and toner all over.

It looked ok in that light but the toner is fading and it is a MESS!

warm brown roots grey looking highlights over mucky dark dull blonde and underneath is my original lovely blonde but all together it looks like a 5 year old has gone mad on my hair

£130 down the drain and dry messed up hair!

Can i really go back again?! Im so annoyed aftrr two years of getting it back to a healthy blonde im back to square one

Where do i go from here? What can i do?
If I was you I would definitely go back! I would demand a refund as they're clearly not capable of meeting your needs and find yourself a new stylist x

Couldn't you have gone to whoever was the hair stylist who managed to get your colour correct and stay with that stylist. I had a similar issue and took me also year or more to get it correct again, so now I stuck to my colourist I don't care if she out country for 3 months I rather have bad outgrowth then have some idiot bugger my hair up.

I will BURN YOUR HOUsE DOWN if you buggared my hair up.

So NO go back and get your money back or burn his house down!!!

Couldn't you have gone to whoever was the hair stylist who managed to get your colour correct and stay with that stylist. I had a similar issue and took me also year or more to get it correct again, so now I stuck to my colourist I don't care if she out country for 3 months I rather have bad outgrowth then have some idiot bugger my hair up.

I will BURN YOUR HOUsE DOWN if you buggared my hair up.

So NO go back and get your money back or burn his house down!!!

I would off but she is on maternity leave for a year!!!!

I think im going to brave it and go in tomorrow and ask for a refund. I cant let this go its an awful mess i dont even know of it can be fixed to be honest

Thank you for yoir replies youve given me the boost i needed!!

I would say go back & ask for your money back as this is going to be a color correction now. You can also ask to talk to the manager & see what their advice is.....the manager is usually a senior stylist whom works on the floor of the salon. I managed salon for years & I would generally take care of the re-dos that came back unhappy with their services by the salon. The manager may offer to fix it or will/should give you your money back. That sucks & I am sorry to hear of your experience. I know that most salons will not guarantee their work these days which is a sad way of doing business but when coaxed most salons should/will do something about it! I know if it were my shop, I would have fixed the color & given you a free deep conditioner treatment or a good conditioner to take home! Good luck?

Latest posts

Back