Can I still visit a client’s house?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tranquilosophy

Reaction score
I am a self employed mobile therapist and have just come across my first dilemma since returning to work post lockdown.
I am due to visit a regular client tomorrow, but have just been informed that her daughter is currently staying with her. The daughter has just returned from overseas and is having to do her 14 day quarentine.
Now I know that the rest of the family do not need to isolate and can carry on as normal, but where do I stand when I comes to going into the house as a visitor? I have searched the gov.uk website and can't find any relevant information. Your take on this would be greatly appreciated.

Air on the side of caution. I would just reschedule after the 14 days.

I think you need to be a bit cautious. Just think the daughter could possibly be asymptomatic & transmitting it unknowingly to the rest of the household.
I would cancel & reschedule for after the 14 day period providing no one in the household has symptoms

I’m a mobile therapist & I check on ALL members of the household. If one has been travelling & is quarantining I wouldn’t carry out the visit - they could be asymptomatic. You have to think of not only yourself but your other clients & your family. It’s not worth it!

I am a self employed mobile therapist and have just come across my first dilemma since returning to work post lockdown.
I am due to visit a regular client tomorrow, but have just been informed that her daughter is currently staying with her. The daughter has just returned from overseas and is having to do her 14 day quarentine.
Now I know that the rest of the family do not need to isolate and can carry on as normal, but where do I stand when I comes to going into the house as a visitor? I have searched the gov.uk website and can't find any relevant information. Your take on this would be greatly appreciated.

Definitely don’t go.

You don’t want to be responsible for an outbreak among the clients you see after her.

Isolation is isolation. I don’t really understand how a whole household isn’t meant to be isolating when one person has been on holiday. Same as if a child is ill can’t go to school but parents can go to work.

The rules are basic, because they can’t stop the uproar. But your lungs, your family, your business your rules.

is mobile therapy allowed in England? still not allowed in scotland

is mobile therapy allowed in England? still not allowed in scotland
It’s so strange how mobile beauty/massage has not been allowed to return in Scotland yet although mobile hairdressers can work. Really feel for you.
Sadly close contact services are being closed in Northern Ireland from this Friday, I do wonder how long it will be before England is closed down too. 😔

Just heard on the radio call in tonight with Mp and even in tier 3 you are allowed to freelance hairdressing to someone’s house as long as they are paying and it’s business 👍🏽 It was on lbc at 6pm so you might be able to listen on a catch up

Latest posts

Back