Quantcast

Can i train in CND while pregnant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

shellybower

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Hi salon Geeks!!

I plan to start a CND course next year, but have been told I can’t do this while pregnant is this true?

I hoped to train while pregnant so i can be qualified before baby is born. I have a room available to me once a week at a salon and can’t wait to get started.

Please can anyone give me some advice on the facts and the contraindications?

angel fingers

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Hi salon Geeks!!

I plan to start a CND course next year, but have been told I can’t do this while pregnant is this true?

I hoped to train while pregnant so i can be qualified before baby is born. I have a room available to me once a week at a salon and can’t wait to get started.

Please can anyone give me some advice on the facts and the contraindications?
who has told you that ?

unless there is new information, there is no reason why you wouldnt be able to do nails whilst you are pregnant.

congratulations by the way:)

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I have had many pregnant people on CND Foundation courses.
Some can be a bit more aware of the smell of the products in the early stages of pregnancy but other than that there were no problems at all.
Apart from 1 girl who was heavily pregnant during the course and on the final day only had 2 weeks to go.....she was fine....but my blood pressure was through the roof!!!:eek:

There are some great articles and previous threads on this subject though, which you should check out,.
This one in particular.....http://www.salongeek.com/health-saf...being-sensational-harm-your-unborn-child.html

shellybower

Reaction score
A friend wanted her nails done and was told the smell and fumes wouldnt be good for the unborn baby.

nail-chick

Reaction score
i worked while i was pregnant, no problems here!
the smell thing is grasping at straws! yes, you have to be careful while pregnant, but what about all of the other smells a pregnant woman is around for more time than it takes you to do her nails.
cleaning products, car fumes, 2nd hand smoke.
there's a smell everywhere that they probably shouldn't be around.
use your own discretion.

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

Hope

Reaction score
I am very sensitive to smells when pregnant, and have morning sickness for about 6 months, but the smell of monomer has never bothered me. I am due in 2 weeks time and I am still booked up for another week yet! So being pregnant hasn't stopped me.

Vetty

Lost and happy geek!
Reaction score
I am due in 2 weeks time and I am still booked up for another week yet! So being pregnant hasn't stopped me.
I hope you've got some extra towels ready:eek:......!! Have you warned your clients??!!!! Stop work soon - please?!

Hope

Reaction score
I hope you've got some extra towels ready:eek:......!! Have you warned your clients??!!!! Stop work soon - please?!
LOL!!! :lol: I booked in my final client today Vetty and she is well aware that we may have to reschedule, infact I have booked her in for the morning that I have to go into hospital in the hope of them bringing me on!

They are all long standing regulars, no newbies.

It's so hard knowing when to stop though, I am amazed I can still reach their hands tbh :lol:

Thanks though Vetty :hug:

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I am very sensitive to smells when pregnant, and have morning sickness for about 6 months, but the smell of monomer has never bothered me. I am due in 2 weeks time and I am still booked up for another week yet! So being pregnant hasn't stopped me.
Being pregnant hasn't stopped Hope from qualifying as a CND Grand Master Technician over the last few months.....but I think her modesty stopped her from stating that fact.
:o Oh I just did!!!!! :lol:

Hope

Reaction score
Being pregnant hasn't stopped Hope from qualifying as a CND Grand Master Technician over the last few months.....but I think her modesty stopped her from stating that fact.
:o Oh I just did!!!!! :lol:
:lol::lol::lol:
:smack::smack:

PMSL! I do love you Izzi xx

Cathie!

Reaction score
Well done honey...you deserve it, you got the fibre done then.....I almost called you last night, had a faux pas in the appointment book, 2 full sets arrived at the same time and I was on my own had to try and do both in a one appointment slot....did it and got myself behind, what a kafuffle!

loubylou

Reaction score
When i did my foundation course with CND there was one other girl doing the course and she was pregnant and one of the models in class was pregnant too so i cant see it been a problem.

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
Just to add to Izzi's link I've attached a pdf by Doug Schoon too :green:
hth's

Seductive

Reaction score
Hi I studied for mine when i was 7 months pregnant, It wasnt with creative just at a college. Although my bump got in the way I was fine.

Although I kept thinking I hope Im not damaging my baby, hes 5 now and loves having his nails manicure and painted black.

Maybe its rubbed off on him, he even files mine for me and I have to pretend to wax his legs with just a spatula and a fabric strip he thinks it's fantastic. I even have to get my couch out at home and pretend to do his eyebrows.

Sorry for rambling.

X

Latest posts