Can I try layering options on paper?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleConnor

Reaction score
As the title says really.
I really want to try some layering with my OPI GelColor and was wondering if I can try it out on some paper, I would use colour displays but I dont want to waste nails and I dont want to do it on myself as I will be removing and redoing an also lot. Would be nice to work it out on paper then just throw it away once im done?
Would this work? x

Why don't you buy some cheap tips and blue tack them onto a orange wood stick and do that? That's what I do to try something new.

Or you could get a display wheel and polish each spot with a separate color (including top coat but no base). Then polish one slot over with another color to see the outcome. If you like, write it down for future reference. Then wipe off with alcohol and do the same with another color.

Or you could get a display wheel and polish each spot with a separate color (including top coat but no base). Then polish one slot over with another color to see the outcome. If you like, write it down for future reference. Then wipe off with alcohol and do the same with another color.

Thanks Unique Tips!
You answered my question before I even asked it. Would it matter that I havent cured the top colour? Like will it show its true colour? I find some colours appear ever so slightly different once cured x

If you don't cure the top colour, applying another over the top won't make them layered, but they will mix together instead x

If you don't cure the top colour, applying another over the top won't make them layered, but they will mix together instead x

Hi Fee,

For example: If I put OPI Lincoln Park After Dark on a nail display, cure it.
Then put Funny Bunny over it but dont cure it, will that show its true colour or does it have to be cured? If I cured Funny Bunny I wouldnt be able to wipe it off afterwards... x

Hi Fee,

Then put Funny Bunny over it but dont cure it, will that show its true colour or does it have to be cured? If I cured Funny Bunny I wouldnt be able to wipe it off afterwards... x

They will simply mix & your will not be able to wipe it off... The first layer will need to be cured then the 2nd layer is applied with some of the bottom layer & a 2nd colour is then also applied with sponge effect to help them blend. I dont see how you can play with the products & expect to wipe them off. Better to get yourself a keychain of nail Stix or wheels etc to display your ideas on....

Hi Fee,

Yes I get you now. Just as Unique tips originally suggested, apply and cure whichever color you want as your base layer, then apply your layering color. You don't need to cure that layer, as you will be able to wipe straight off if you don't like it. And yes, The layered color will still be correct xxx

Yes I get you now. Just as Unique tips originally suggested, apply and cure whichever color you want as your base layer, then apply your layering color. You don't need to cure that layer, as you will be able to wipe straight off if you don't like it. And yes, The layered color will still be correct xxx

Thanks so much!
Sorry if I sounded a bit thick!
Cant wait to try now xx

Latest posts

Back