Can I use body builder tan in my machine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ali1

Reaction score
Hi there. I've just had a call from a body builder who wants me to spray her using a solution called 'liquid sun rays competition bronzer', which she will provide. I have a HVLP 700 and just wondered if anyone knows if I'd be OK to use in my machine? I know you should be able to use any solution but was concerned this may be thicker and would cause problems with my gun?

Any advice appreciated, thanks so much :lol:

hi...I would tan bodybuilders but only with JanTana as I know it works ok, and using the jan tana system. I would double check that the solution is made for an HVLP machine, just check with the supplier - this stuff is thick!, I know sun rayz bronzer usually comes in its own pump spray that they use all over, so perhaps she just wants you to apply it that way? you need 2 separate applications of it and you need to have the sun rayz applied normally with a roller not a machine as such...you spray it all over and roll the colour out to get even thick spread. this stuff goes on thick so bare that in mind! you do 2 coats on the night before the competition, but most bodybuilding tans do need a touch up in the morning of the competition, so you are talking 2 - 3 applications here. If you are unsure about doing it, why not contact your local weights gym and ask for some advice.

Thank you very much for the great advice. I'm certainly not sure about doing this if the solution is very thick as the lady definately wanted me to apply through my HVLP. I'll give them a call and make my decision then.

they do have a solution that is made for the hvlp as i requested a sample of it, in fact its still sat in my fridge lol. here is the email of hazel who is the distributor of liquid sunrayz who will be able to help you

[email protected] and her telephone number is (01536) 484631

Latest posts

Back