Can I wax a client before a spray tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did it once and that's why I never do it now.
Luckily it was my sister, well not lucky for her.
She used to work for me and I waxed her brows first thing in the morning.
As we were clearing up at the end of the day she asked if I'd quickly spray tan her.
I'd completely forgotten about waxing her brows so I sprayed her and then we went home. Her one eye went really irritated. It wasn't both eyes, just the one but it caused her quite a bit of discomfort and lasted for a few days so that is why I always refuse to do anyone.
I could probably do loads of people and they wont have a reaction but I've seen the results of what can happen and I'm not prepared to put anyone or myself in that position.

I was a model for my friend one day she did a eye brow wax then a spray tan .my eye brows stung all day ,not the normal sting u get after waxingbut more like a iratating feeling it was not very nice.

I sprayed my friend after she had shaved her arms( she forgot ) and they went a little patchy.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

I have a client I see regularly and everyone she has a brow & lip wax along with a tan. At first I did warn her of possible outcome and refused to do a full leg wax and other large areas but we've never had an issue. Just ensure you tell them the risks x

Latest posts

Back