Can I wax a client before a spray tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siobhan1988

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I have a client this week who wants an eyebrow wax and a spray tan, should I really do wax the night before the tan? any hell will be fantastic, thanks 😄

Try to do the waxing and then leave 24hrs until you do the spray tan. x

If you do it any sooner than the time suggested your client will end up with loads of brown dots where the solution pools in the little holes left behind when the hair is removed. Have a read through your trainig manual it will tell you in there somewhere and probably (if it is an in-depth one.) explain why as well

No you should avoid shaving and waxing 24hr before the tan! That's a major thing you would be telling your clients before they come.....

I've been naughty and waxed my brows before giving myself a tan. And still been left with white marks where I waxed. So yes the day before.

Thanks ladies, I thought as much but thought maybe could get away with it as is such a small area. I've never had a client ask for a wax the same day as a spray in over a year so not ever been a prob. I'll pop there the evening before to do the brows :) x

Hi have to be honest here

I know the dos and donts of tanning and hair removal but the reality in the salon is that I have quite a few customers who time wise often can only fit in their eye brow waxing in same appointment as tanning and yes i do go ahead and do it, ive done it myself and havent had a problem,

i encourage them to come before it to avoid waxing and tanning same time but sometimes thats just not practical

We were told Not to wax and tan on the same day,stupidly 1 of the girls I was at college with didnt listen and she ended with with big blisters all over her legs,not a good look as she had a wedding to attend,so nooo I'd defiantly avoid it xx

that doesnt sound good, the blisters are more likely to do with a bad wax job

Personally I would not wax and tan, even of it the client is restricted time wise. I don't think you get a very good result with the tan if it's done straight away.

personally i would not wax and tan but would tweezer some hairs out if client had no other time

i just think we are safe guarding any problems that may arise as well as invalidating our insurance if we did do it!

any aftercare sheets i have seen always state 24 hours should be left between waxing and applying tans etc so i think you would be running a risk combining both and in the event of something going wrong - invalidating your insurance.
there are people who will sue given half a chance and you would be leaving yourself wide open .

I personally wouldn't bother, it's not worth the risk (although I do it on myself as I won't sue myself! Haha) I wouldn't do it on a client xxx

Definitely not worth the risk even if it was to come out ok and I feel Id just be encouraging bad habits and making it ok to ignore pre/after care advice given when we should be drumming it in to them so that they get the best out of the treatment and then they come back.

Just my opinion though.

Thanks again ladies. Booked her in the day before :)

I will do a spray tan at the same time as waxing but only if the waxed area is covered. So for example I'll do a brazilian but client has to bring big pants to wear for tan x x

I will do a spray tan at the same time as waxing but only if the waxed area is covered. So for example I'll do a brazilian but client has to bring big pants to wear for tan x x

Yes I would do this as you're not actually spraying the area that's been waxed, but it's a bit different with brows, unless they're not having face sprayed :) xxx

Yes I would do this as you're not actually spraying the area that's been waxed, but it's a bit different with brows, unless they're not having face sprayed :) xxx

as stated its not ideal but if brows and tan do have to be done at same time just pop on some after wax as normal and then when tanning a little barrier cream

as stated its not ideal but if brows and tan do have to be done at same time just pop on some after wax as normal and then when tanning a little barrier cream

:/ wouldn't you get white bits from the barrier cream? Lol
I'll stick to avoiding it all together (apart from on me! Haha) xx

:/ wouldn't you get white bits from the barrier cream? Lol
I'll stick to avoiding it all together (apart from on me! Haha) xx

lol no turns out lovely!

Latest posts

Back