Can LED slimline table light cure Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulamaula

Reaction score
This is my table light, its wonderful but im wondering can it cure my cnd shellac?

I find i have to shake the polish the whole way through the treatment. Gets very gluppey.

Please say not..cost alot of money.

Attachments

• 1446206331078519680427.jpg
    1446206331078519680427.jpg
    716.7 KB · Views: 131
No it can't....pop you bottles between your legs to warm.

I agree with Jersey Jock - no it won't.
I also have this lamp and I have had no problem with products curing.
I haven't been lucky with this lamp, my third one in 11 months was delivered yesterday. Third time lucky this time, hopefully as I love this lamp.

I have no idea about this specific lamp but I read a while ago about salon owners lights slightly curing their gels while they were working. (Brushes hardening) but I'm no expert it's just something I read so I don't know if there's any truth in it or not x

Led table lamps will not cure gels as its a different LED light - led nail lamps emit UV light which is why gels cure. I'm sure someone can put this more eloquently & in depth than what I have! X

LED is a type of bulb, not a type of light. The light from a nail lamp is very different to that of an overhead manicure lamp.

Gels need UVA light to cure. But here is the kicker :) The manicure lamps use a "white light", they are neither blue based or orange based like other artificial lighting. Thats why they are called Daylight lamps, they mimic daylight. Now because they mimic daylight they do emit very very small amounts of UV light , however this is unlikely to be the cause of your shellac going thick. IF it was the lamp, you would find that your brush would go hard, or that you would have hard bits floating in the gel where it would be partially cured.

What you are describing is your solvents have evaporated. You are only new to nails so you may be forgetting to shake the bottle before every use (just the once is needed), you are also probably working slower so the bottle is left open for longer and the solvents are evaporating. How many manicure have you done out of the colour? Or are you experiencing it with all colours?

It could be temp too as others have explained :)

Latest posts

Back