Can Minx be used directly on the skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beauty Shed

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I've never used Minx and was wondering because I have no big toenail on one foot. It is very very tender/sensitive and I cannot use l&p, I have tried and it hurts to file it. I even tried sculpting one and then sticking it on after but then it obviously didn't sit properly and I winced every time it got knocked etc.

I have to say I'm not a fan of Minx on the whole but if it can be used for my toe I might be won over :)

Minx wont stay on if you just attach it to skin.
Have you tried laying foil over your toe, lightly mould it to your toe and then apply acrylic.
When dry take the acrylic off and file to smooth and then stick on with gelbond. :)

Thanks for the reply, yes I tried this with a magis foil wrap. I think it's just too sensitive for an enhancement product to be placed on it, the hospital did a bad job of repairing my toe after an accident and I think there must be nerve endings very close to the skin.

Oh well, it was just a new idea of mine.

Hello, I have a friends who is also a minx client, she has had a toe nail removed after an ingrowing toe nail, so she just has the little bit of nail that people have after that. She paints her skin sometimes it doesnt look great but it is better for her as at a glance you wouldnt notice she has no toe nail. I minxed her skin, it stayed on a few days, so she loved it for a night out. I did press the minx onto the little bit of nail, just so it has something suitable to cling to, even though it ws only a tiny bit, I rubbed scrub fresh over the skin to get rid of any germs etc and cut the minx to size. It lasted about 4 days. Hope this helps xxx

Hi and thanks, I have absolutely no nail or hard/rough skin, just very pink delicate.....i call it tissue as it's very pink and obviously not the same as the rest of the toe.....i currently paint it if I'm going out and have to wear strappy shoes, but it only lasts hours :(

I don't know about Minx but i have shellaced a clients friend in the same situation has you. She polished her own skin but it didn't look great. She wanted to try shellac so i did it for her. She was very happy and has far has im aware it did last a long time.

Latest posts

Back