Quantcast

Can Minx lamp be used as a normal lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Emily S

Cheap ain't nice and nice ain't cheap <3
Reaction score
Can the old style white minx lamp be used as a normal lamp or is it an issue with it being heated?

I'm wanting a daylight lamp for taking pictures and was considering getting a new one but then remembered I have a brand new minx lamp in a box ready to sell from about 3 years ago that I could possibly use....

Minkeybox

Reaction score
I had one of the original white, angle poise minx lamps (by the daylight conpany) and I took the infared bulb out & planned on switching it to a daylight bulb as they have these for sale on the daylight website. (Unfortunatly it got broke in a house move so i never got round to doing it) but i dont see why it wouldnt work.

The heat comes from the bulb not the lamp if that makes sense. Xx

Emily S

Reaction score
Ahh so I could just buy a new bulb rather than a new lamp, Brill!!!

Although I'm wondering if I could get another less clumsy type of lamp I remember the MINX one being a bit bulky which is why I decided to get a different infrared...

Anyone any links to a decent lamp for pictures that doesn't take up much room and possible clips on to the table.

Minkeybox

Reaction score
My one was massive & cumbersome :( hence how it got broken!

Ive got a folding daylight lamp now, i got it in Sallys but a few of my ladies that are into their crafts have them & got them in Hobbbycraft.

Im mobile so the folding one is perfect as the bulbs are protected while im traveling around but I have also got a lightweight one from Sienna X that has a clamp. It was around £25 i think. The only reason i dont take that out is im scared to clamp it to clients tabels incase it marks them lol. Xx

Emily S

Reaction score
Yeah mines big and a pain in the butt to be honest. I just want a nice simple lamp that is good for taking decent pics.

I'm gonna have a look for something do you have the link to one you recommend? :)

Minkeybox

Reaction score
I hope that worked lol! This is the folding one I have, although mine is by Daylight & cost 3 times this one :(

Its exactly the same in everyway lol! It gives off enough light for pics, but ive only just upgraded my camera so im still getting the hang of that tbh! I like the thin over table lights, but would be too impracticle :( xx

Emily S

Reaction score
Thanks that's great xx

Bel's Gels

Qualified Nail Technician
Reaction score
I do YouTube videos and purchased the Daylight lamp.
What a difference it made!
My still photos and videos are so much better and the light it throws shows colours much truer. Before blues and purples showed up horrible.
I find it does not get in the way coz of its sleek & slim design.

Emily S

Reaction score
Great thank you.

iamaleximus

Reaction score
I burnt a desk using my minx lamp on the lowest setting so unless you change the bulb I wouldn't recommend it! X

blossom

Reaction score
Does it not get hot? My minx lamp worries me, it gets so hot. Maybe I have a different lamp. But I couldn't use mine for a normal lamp, it would roast us plus would make my gels runny. :)

fluffy26

Reaction score
Ahh so I could just buy a new bulb rather than a new lamp, Brill!!!

Although I'm wondering if I could get another less clumsy type of lamp I remember the MINX one being a bit bulky which is why I decided to get a different infrared...

Anyone any links to a decent lamp for pictures that doesn't take up much room and possible clips on to the table.
I saw the new compact minx lamp for sake from CND but havent looked at the details of it. It said it was small perfect for mobile therapists X

Latest posts