can my client have her eyebrows tinted if she is using benzoyl peroxide on her skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millytada

Reaction score
Hiya I have a client who wants her eyebrows tinted tomorrow but Im not sure because she uses benzoyl peroxide on her skin every night given to her by her GP for her skin - would it interfere the colour/result?thank you!!

i don't think it will because you're not touching the skin when you do a tint on eyebrow you just whisper over the brow. HTH

Should be right. Once in college, one of the girls tinted my eyebrows blue black. And I had platinum blonde hair!

I went home and scrubbed them with my benzoyl peroxide cleanser, but the colour just wouldn't lift.

If it was given to her by a doctor it may be a stronger formula, but I don't think it will affect the colour at all. HTH.

I think you need to think of the effect the prescribed medication would have on the hair prior to tinting and if it will affect the outcome rather than if her applying it after the tint will affect it. I dont know either way.

My understanding is that any peroxide is an oxydant. So this may make the hair more porous (like pre softening) which will make them darker quicker, but it may also make them fade quicker.

Like i said, i dont know either way, im just using my noggin! lol. :grr:

Hiya I have a client who wants her eyebrows tinted tomorrow but Im not sure because she uses benzoyl peroxide on her skin every night given to her by her GP for her skin - would it interfere the colour/result?thank you!!

I use the same prescription. I doubt she would use any right around her eyebrows. It can be harsh so I avoid the eye area altogether. It does bleach your hair (and towels and washcloths), for that reason most ppl are careful not to let it come in contact with any hair at all.

Latest posts

Back