Can my Studio58 extensions be saved?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beauty Shed

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a bit of a lurker on the hair forum as I'm mainly nails but I am a trained hairdresser so I hope you don't mind me asking your advice.

I used to have Racoon extensions for 2-3 years and got on with them really well. I stopped having them as I was off work after having my son and needed to cut back on the maintenance costs. Then a local salon advertised for a model as their hairdresser had recently trained with Studio58. I know you ladies all seem to think it is a good company when it comes to extensions so I phoned and booked.

I was really happy with the job, I was her first client and they looked great, I have no issues with how they were done at all. However, it is now 5 weeks later and the hair is awful. It is dry and matting really quickly, it's constantly knotty and I am always trying to seperate and brush it so it looks nice, but the last few days I've just tied it back as I'm ashamed of what it looks like! I know how to look after extensions, I've used all the right products and bought the Studio58 protein spray (after speaking to the hairdresser that did them) and weekly conditioner but it just seems the quality of this hair is awful. I know I got it done cheaper than normal but I expected good hair and I'm gutted that I may have to take them back out again so soon.

Is there anything at all I can do to save them? Should I be making a complaint to Studio58? Could it have maybe been a bad batch? Although I did have 2 colours in so don't see how that could be the case with both colours!

Have you spoke with who fitted your extensions? Are you sure she used studio 58 hair ? X

Have you spoke with who fitted your extensions? Are you sure she used studio 58 hair ? X

Yes I spoke to her a couple of weeks ago about them getting knotty, she asked if I was using the right shampoo etc and sold me the protein spray to help. It does help in untangling it but it doesn't stop it getting all matted in the first place.

As for the hair, I saw her take the hair from the packet and it definitely said Studio58 on them. I trust the salon, it has a good reputation and I've been there before for other treatments.

Last edited:
You get what you pay for. If it was cheaper, it won't be as good.

You get what you pay for. If it was cheaper, it won't be as good.

I thought Studio58 hair was good though? Maybe not after all. I only got it cheaper as they were advertising for a model for a newly trained hair extensionist.

What persianista means is its not going to be as good as raccoon hair in the sense of the price difference in the hair x

That's strange, I have had studio58 hair in for 5 weeks now and the hair is still lovely, I use heat on them everyday x

Ok, so back to the original question, can it be saved or am I doomed now it's already like this? I use pureology shampoo and conditioner which was always fine with the raccoon hair, I see no reason why it wouldn't be ok for Studio58 as it has no nasties in which I know to avoid.

I'm going to put a deep conditioning treatment on it tomorrow but is there anything else I can do?

Try some Moroccan oil but I it's like this just now I don't see it getting better xx

I had a client come to me with the studio 58 hair, (I know the extensionist as I done hers also) and found the same happened to her! She had them fitted and removed them as she wasn't happy with the fitting! When I re used the hair, which had only been in her hair a night and she removed, I found with in 4 weeks she was wanting some length cut as they kept matting! I also had some studio 58 hair fitted & found it too thin & very dry after a few washes! It's ashame I've seen so many good posts about them on here xx

If that particular batch of hair isn't good, then no amount of conditioner is going to work you might just have got unlucky. See if the salon will re do the hair with a fresh batch. Ok, I doubt that will happen without you incurring the cost but ideally, studio 58 should exchange the hair and get their supplier to foot the cost.

Oh interesting, was looking into booking the course with them.

We are always happy to discuss in person with anyone if they have any problem with any product purchased from ourselves.

It is unfortunate that this forum can become a bit of a public slaying.

All we will say is that we have many salons and individuals who buy again and again from us - this simply would not happen if there was a problem with the quality of the hair. Feedback has been very positive.

We use our own hair in salon and with genuine honesty have had no problems, many clients who come back for maintenance at 6 to 8 weeks have hair that looks the same as the day they walked out from the fitting.

We are always happy to discuss in person with anyone if they have any problem with any product purchased from ourselves.

It is unfortunate that this forum can become a bit of a public slaying.

All we will say is that we have many salons and individuals who buy again and again from us - this simply would not happen if there was a problem with the quality of the hair. Feedback has been very positive.

We use our own hair in salon and with genuine honesty have had no problems, many clients who come back for maintenance at 6 to 8 weeks have hair that looks the same as the day they walked out from the fitting.

I didn't come on here for some public slaying, I came on genuinely asking for help. As I said above, I have heard good things about your hair which is why I booked in to have it, so I am wondering why my hair has gone this way....any ideas Studio58?

I'm going back to the salon tomorrow but I don't want to keep paying for maintenance appointments if I'm not going to be able to rescue it and it needs to come out.

Latest posts

Back