Can Nails be too oily for Gel extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissJulesBeauty

Reaction score
Once again I am calling upon all you lovely geeks to help me out x

I have just encountered the most amazing thing. I completed a full set of Starnails Gels Nails yesterday (tip & overlay).

It is the first time I have used this product. I spent extra time on prep and when I had finished they looked fab, the lady was very pleased.

Today she called me and said the tip was still in place but the gel had peeled off. I went straight round after work and was amazed! The gell had literally lifted in one peice off the nail. She saved them for me. Her nails were really shiny and not a single tear or sign of stress on the nail plate. I have never seen anything like it.

I advised that we removed them all and apply acrylic instead. She had a bad experience with acrylic previously so was a little sceptical but the gel clearly does not work for her. We have re done them and once again they look fab. I am confident NSI attraction will be fine for her but wanted to tell you about this as i have not had this happen before.

Star nails is a new product to me but i did the conversion course and followed it to the letter. Has anyone else had a bad experience with this product?

I should also mention that my customer is new to me. She came to me because her last tech did a full set of acrylic and three days later the same happened though this time the tip came off too.

Is this lady just not suited to Nail Enhancements due to her natural oily nails, is this possible?

Some guidance would be greatly appreciated from my fellow geeks xxx

I cannot add the pic here for some reason,but here is the link x
http://www.salongeek.com/members/gorgeous-tips-albums-nail+art-picture37393-pict0005-2.html

Once again I am calling upon all you lovely geeks to help me out x

I have just encountered the most amazing thing. I completed a full set of Starnails Gels Nails yesterday (tip & overlay).

It is the first time I have used this product. I spent extra time on prep and when I had finished they looked fab, the lady was very pleased.

Today she called me and said the tip was still in place but the gel had peeled off. I went straight round after work and was amazed! The gell had literally lifted in one peice off the nail. She saved them for me. Her nails were really shiny and not a single tear or sign of stress on the nail plate. I have never seen anything like it.

I advised that we removed them all and apply acrylic instead. She had a bad experience with acrylic previously so was a little sceptical but the gel clearly does not work for her. We have re done them and once again they look fab. I am confident NSI attraction will be fine for her but wanted to tell you about this as i have not had this happen before.

Star nails is a new product to me but i did the conversion course and followed it to the letter. Has anyone else had a bad experience with this product?

I should also mention that my customer is new to me. She came to me because her last tech did a full set of acrylic and three days later the same happened though this time the tip came off too.

Is this lady just not suited to Nail Enhancements due to her natural oily nails, is this possible?

Some guidance would be greatly appreciated from my fellow geeks xxx

I cannot add the pic here for some reason,but here is the link x
http://www.salongeek.com/members/gorgeous-tips-albums-nail+art-picture37393-pict0005-2.html

hi nails can be to oily for gel nails causing them to lift, however im not convinced this is the problem in this case as i honestly dont think it would have came off in whole sheets of gel . it would have still been stuck to the tip.

I think the biggest clue is that the gel has not bonded to the tip. Assuming that you did take the shine off the tip first with a 180g file, I would say that this is a curing issue. Dare I ask "the dreaded uv lamp question?" :p

It is strange that she also had the same problem with enhancements? Perhaps she is one of these people who can't wear anything on her nails without it coming off. See how she goes with the l&p and let us know.

Latest posts

Back