Can Shellac be applied over nail tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abicrunch

Reaction score
Hi to all

I have been searching the shellac threads but cant seem to find this answer.

I have very small nail beds as I have unfortunately always been a nail biter, so I normally have l & p on. However, I would love to try the shellac on my nails but think that the colour only looks nice with a decent size nail, and not mine.

Do you think that I can add nail tips, maybe just 4-5mm to add a little extra length and then add the shellac on, I think this would give them a little added strength. I cant be bothered to apply acrylic on my nails first as they take me so long when doing my own, so this way I could do them so quick. Has anyone treid this before and if so how did they get on. I know that shellac they will break if nail tips too long but I am only talking about adding a little length to make it look like I have lovely long nail beds. (I wish):D Maybe another suggestion is a thin layer of gel on my nails first but what do I do next, do I lightly buff over first then apply shellac base coat or just straight over the cured gel.

Thanks. Abi

These points have already been raised in other threads or the shellac group. Have a wee read and it'll answer your questions and more questions you haven't even thought about yet. One person has done the tips and shellac and it worked for them. xxx

I appreciate there are many threads about Shellac, but I too have searched the threads and cannot find the answer to the above question.
I know its aggravating to read the same threads over and over again but if would be greatly appreciated to the postee and also me and probably many others f some one could give a great answer to this post.
x

Hi to all

I have been searching the shellac threads but cant seem to find this answer.

I have very small nail beds as I have unfortunately always been a nail biter, so I normally have l & p on. However, I would love to try the shellac on my nails but think that the colour only looks nice with a decent size nail, and not mine.

Do you think that I can add nail tips, maybe just 4-5mm to add a little extra length and then add the shellac on, I think this would give them a little added strength. I cant be bothered to apply acrylic on my nails first as they take me so long when doing my own, so this way I could do them so quick. Has anyone treid this before and if so how did they get on. I know that shellac they will break if nail tips too long but I am only talking about adding a little length to make it look like I have lovely long nail beds. (I wish):D Maybe another suggestion is a thin layer of gel on my nails first but what do I do next, do I lightly buff over first then apply shellac base coat or just straight over the cured gel.

Thanks. Abi

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/112174-shellac-idea-will-someone-try-please.html

hth's :green:

Hi Thanks for that, have just been searching through all the threads amd just found that one. Its very interesting. I was actually thinking of putting on tips but not that long, then applying base, 2 coats of colour and then topcoat so that should make it a bit stronger. But im loving the weekend nails, thats definately the way to go from now on. Thanks again. Abi

Latest posts

Back