can sombody please explain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammyjane

Reaction score
ive read the tutorial on rebalance/imfills. im due to do my own in a few days and really confused what to do.

I use nsi

id be really thankful if somebody could explain what you do step by step

(nsi users would be best as i can copy exactly)

xx

Hiya SammyJane

Was this covered on your nail course at college? Tell us which part of the infill process you are not sure about and we will see if we can help.

we never got taught infills, i have no idea why, our tutor always said she would go over the process later on in the course but it never happened!

Okay, well, from the start lol.

Mine look like they need filling in at the moment and wana d them asap.

xx

If you check out the articles and tutorials on here there are some great ones specifically on the rebalance.

Hope that helps.

we never got taught infills, i have no idea why, our tutor always said she would go over the process later on in the course but it never happened!

Okay, well, from the start lol.

Mine look like they need filling in at the moment and wana d them asap.

xx

I am amazed that colleges or any nail training establishment for that matter teach people how to do nail enhancements and dont bother explaining or assessing you on infills/re-balances!

Fiona has given great advice on using the tutorials on here and they are really useful, but each of us have different issues that need refining so why dont you contact NSI and ask then for a one 2 one or attend one of their training courses and they can help with any issues that you may have.

You will probably find that your skills will move forward massively if you attend one of their in-house courses.

p.s. - out of interest - was your nail enhancement training an NVQ unit?

yes it was included in my nvq3 beauty.

i think this is why they didnt tell us how to do infills. if it was a nail course they will.

i will give them a ring.

xthanksx

Pardon me for jumping in i too cant believe that an NVQ qualification would not cover the basics which include maintenance I completed my training with NSI and they were very thorough making sure all students were proficient in all aspects from consultations, application, (several types) infill's, backfills, soak off and aftercare. When I did my course there were a couple of students who were having problems these students were asked to attend workshops to help in the areas they were having difficulty with before they were presented their certificates. Perhaps you could give them a call and inquire about the next dates for workshops I know they are run frequently this I'm sure you would find invaluable but I'm not sure if you haven't first trained with them in the use of NSI products if they would let you attend as all systems are different to a degree.

hi,i use nsi attractions and with my course on acrylics on our assessment we had to do a set of sculpts and tips ,then get them back in two weeks for infills . Heres a wee run through or you can get the nsi dvd which is very good ,but maybe if your not sure,get someone who is already trained to run through it with you as with me if i get showed it i pick it up better .
infills; 1/firstly check for any contra-indication
2/Spray with nsi puramist on both your and your clients hands
3/Remove any polish
4/Remove shine from entire nail surface ,shorten and reshape if needed
5/Remove shine from natural nail ,in regrowth area and push back cuticle .Remove any lifted acrylic with nsi file (carefully )
6/Apply nail pure to natural nail
7/Apply nail primer to natural nail
8/Pick up product bal and press onto nail below cuticle on top of previosly applied acrylic.USING PATTING AND PUSHING STROKES TO PLACE PRODUCT A hairs width from cuticle and down along sidewalls.Using light feather like strokes away from cuticle,join new growth area to the level of previously applied acrylic .Avoid touching the skin Finish as usuall . hope this helps :hug:

Check with your portfolio from your nvq and then get back to your training provider, it is impossible to be a nail tech without knowing how to infill/rebalance. If need be ask them for a refresher if they argue the point.

As for help the best thing you can do is buy the 'nailclass' book by Gigi Rouse its like a mini bible for nail techs. mundo and click on books.

hope you get some joy with it

From what i can tell from my daughter who will be doing nvq beauty therapy 3 next year they literally do a day or so with a company just because it has to be included as part of their course.
Its ridiculous to me that they do this when nvq do a nail course that is weeks long so they know how much is involved.
Natural nail repairs with fibreglass or silk i agree with thats always handy as part of a manicure, but trying to teach any other nail enhancements in that time span as we all know can't be done.It needs to be clarified that it is just a taster and you need to do a full course to gain any kind of proficiency.

it is impossible to be a nail tech without knowing how to infill/rebalance. If need be ask them for a refresher if they argue the point.

So true - 95% of my work is rebalances

Latest posts

Back