Can someone explain this to me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemma Little

Reaction score
Previously when I was Working in a beauty salon I went to apply for another job in a different salon (I’m qualified in all the basics and gel just not acrylics) but because I was working in a hair salon not really a beauty never got chance to practise my gel when I went to my interview the owner seemed really positive about it and asked if I could come to just show her what I can do I thought great this is fabulous. Later that evening I get an email from the women say apologise but we aren’t what we are looking for at this time. I’ve not that she’s now employed someone in the exact same boat as me, how is that fair?

She can employ anyone she wants to, she doesn’t have to justify her decision but she obviously tried to let you down gently and told you fairly immediately, lots of employers don’t even do that.
If you know that you need to improve your gel application, then you need to work on that in the meantime.
Did you talk to her about your previous employment situation as that might have put her off.

Why not ask her some feedback? You want to work in a salon like hers so are there any pointers for the future she could help you with? As in was it interview technique, level of experience?

Latest posts

Back