Can someone Explain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahmorg1

Reaction score
Can anyone explain why it is that the varnish lasts longer on your toes than your hands.

I have painted my toes and done a really nice nail art design, which I did 4 weeks ago and it still looks as good as when I first did it.

I did the same design on my nails and it only lasted around a week.

Now I understand that your hand nails are used more and are probably in water alot more, but is there any other reason.

Thanks
Sarah

Can anyone explain why it is that the varnish lasts longer on your toes than your hands.

I have painted my toes and done a really nice nail art design, which I did 4 weeks ago and it still looks as good as when I first did it.

I did the same design on my nails and it only lasted around a week.

Now I understand that your hand nails are used more and are probably in water alot more, but is there any other reason.

Thanks
Sarah
no , its really is just down to usage of the hands x

If your feet/toes did the same jobs and had the same 'stress and work' that your hands and fingers go through every day then they'd look the same... have you tried applying top coat every couple of days to help prolong your nailart designs?

its also because of the flexibility. fingernails are generally a lot more flexible than toenails and as the nail flexes it cracks the polish which tends to chip on the most flexible part of the nail first, the free edge.
toenails are usually more rigid than fingernails and that in conjunction with less wear and tear means that polish and designs usually last a lot longer on toes.
one thing that can help is to apply nail designs at the base of the nail rather than the tip area and as mentioned before to use extra coats of top coat every 2 or 3 days.

i believe thats its just down to the use, your hands go through way more stress and usage then you toes.

Thanks
Sarah
Excuse the pun but I think you "nailed" it right there! I've often wondered the same thing and that the conclusion I came to. :D

Thanks everyone for your comments

Latest posts

Back