Can someone help diagnose this nail condition?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naileditxxx

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have had to stop doing my clients nails a few months ago as it seemed she was developing a nail condition.

She went to the doctors, they took a clipping and they confirmed it is NOT a fungal nail infection.

The doctors don't seem to know what is is, saying it may be due to her chromes disease and aren't giving her a diagnosis or any treatment.

Can any of you help to see what this is??

Just to clarify...i am not doing her nails until her condition clears up entirely however she comes in every now and then for a chat as were a friendly salon so took the pictures then.

I can see they are gradually getting better though and i said maybe in three months they could have grown all new and fresh through

Its gone now but her cuticles were red and puffy and the skin was cracking around the nails and fingers

She is a cleaner and does wear gloves but deals with chemicals (but apparently keeps her gloves on)

She is 62 this year

she would really appreciate any help from salon geeks so she can look for the right treatment!!

Thank you xxx

There's no pic. Do you mean Crohn's disease? If so, I have it and in no way does it affect my nails.
We are not qualified to diagnose.

IMG_1786.jpg
IMG_1787.jpg
IMG_1788.jpg
IMG_1789.jpg
IMG_1790.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1788.jpg
    IMG_1788.jpg
    665.6 KB · Views: 35
There's no pic. Do you mean Crohn's disease? If so, I have it and in no way does it affect my nails.
We are not qualified to diagnose.

Hi, the pics are on now, sorry i do mean chrohns disease. Thanks for telling me that, ill let her know it doesn't affect your nails.
i know we are not qualified to diagnose however the doctors have no idea what this is either! we are both just hoping someone on here has had it or seen it before and might know what this is, maybe then she can let the doctors know what it might be so she can get treatment! xx

Attitude is right, we're not qualified to make a diagnosis however if the dr's are offering no help where does that leave this poor woman?!
There is varying degrees of onycholysis but out of curiosity does she have psoriasis?
I do think she should return to her gp and if they still won't offer help she needs to request a referral to a dermatologist in my opinion.

Attitude is right, we're not qualified to make a diagnosis however if the dr's are offering no help where does that leave this poor woman?!
There is varying degrees of onycholysis but out of curiosity does she have psoriasis?
I do think she should return to her gp and if they still won't offer help she needs to request a referral to a dermatologist in my opinion.
Thank you for your help, yes i can see what you mean about onycholysis so will let her know so she can look it up, yes she has had psoriasis actually, we never thought about asking to see a dermatologist either so will tell her xx

Hiya my sister has also has Crohn's disease and doesn't affect her nails. Only certain medication makes her nails dry and flakey but nothing like the pic u have posted :)

Was thinking psoriasis as soon as I seen the pics. My daughter has psoriasis and they always check her nails at every appointment!

Was thinking psoriasis as soon as I seen the pics. My daughter has psoriasis and they always check her nails at every appointment!

I was thinking psoriasis too. My hub has quite severe psoriasis, bout 75% of his body, and his finger and toenails look just like this regardless of how we look after them :(

Yes I thought psoriasis on seeing the pics, look like one of my ladies' nails

Hemp oil really helps get rid of psoriasis

Latest posts

Back