Can someone help me - I need a foundation for oily skin....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helbel030

Reaction score
.... that won't have slid down my face by the time I get home from work and settled in a pile where my nose meets my forehead!! I'm sick and tired of using foundation, spending about an hour with it looking nice before I go shiny and end up having to reapply powder all day - in turn making me orangey but the worst thing is it just seems to slide down my face during the day. I know it can't just be me with this problem - can anyone recommend me a foundation that will stay put and stay matte??

Please help!

They have little strips you can use during the day to press upon your face that will help that. They are said to not take off your make-up but remove oil from the surface of your skin... I hope this helps.

Maybeline mousse is quite nice, as long as you dont pile it on, i have a similar problem and i use my concealer on my spots and then put the mousse on.

i have tried so many foundations as i have oily skin
but i am now a convert to models prefer make up from qvc
the foundation is fantastic to apply i use their primer which is absolutely fantastic then their foundation, then they have a yellow nutrilizing powder which you put on to seal the foundation and it does it lasts all day with only the need for me to go over with the loose yellow powder at about 3pm (after having my makeup on from 8am, i cannot sing its prises high enough

the foundation is fantastic to apply i use their primer which is absolutely fantastic then their foundation, then they have a yellow nutrilizing powder which you put on to seal the foundation and it does it lasts all day with only the need for me to go over with the loose yellow powder at about 3pm (after having my makeup on from 8am, i cannot sing its prises high enough

Ooh, that's interesting. I've tried the majority of things out there inc maybelline mousse, and the oil free strip things (cheers guys) but this is new..... I'll go and have a peek. Is it similar to bare escentuals? I tried that too but again, not much luck :rolleyes:

That does sound good... i think i'll have a look too!! :)

Ooh, that's interesting. I've tried the majority of things out there inc maybelline mousse, and the oil free strip things (cheers guys) but this is new..... I'll go and have a peek. Is it similar to bare escentuals? I tried that too but again, not much luck :rolleyes:

tried the mineral make up..but it really ages me...

you have to get the primer...its fab it fill out all my pores and lines and my foundation just glides over the top

Do I need their foundation as well as the primer or can I use any stuff over the top and then the yellow powder?

i think you can use any foundation over the top, but the primer is brilliant i used to use clarins flash balm as a primer until i found this...nothing can compare it feels really silky on your skin

I like the sound of that one! I've been using the Revlon Colourstay foundation. I do find it lasts all day and gives a good even coverage.

Think I'll check out QVC though. I'm a sucker for make-up!!!:green:

Almay skin stays clear foundation is really good if you set it with powder (I use Rimmel) as my skin is very oily too :)

Thanks everyone - I'm gonna give the qvc one a whirl. Fingers crossed!!

Latest posts

Back