Can someone help me with base breaking please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GraciouslyGrace

Reaction score
New to basebreaking

Okay thanks it's something I havnt yet tried and read alot on, I just want to get rid of the harsh line on a natural base 6 when the full head of foils outgrow and looking ready to need the regrowth doing, I'd like to learn a technique to soften the line inbetween top ups .

I have considered doing it more myself, only do this for a few clients, but I was always told "The Ashiest 10 in your line with 10vol for 10 minutes" but I recently descoverrd that Framesi are bringing out a product specifically for base breaking and in 3 tones, cool, neutral and warm, so watch this space lol

Must admit, I’ve never seen the point in doing this because presumably, you’ll still get a demarcation line as it grows out and so wouldn’t it be better to get them in to get their roots done regularly?

You have probably already looked into it but when I was researching this topic I found it very useful reading the articles and watching the videos about Joico and Redken base breaker products. They have one cool toned and one warm toned; and it does produce great results when used to soften the natural colour, however my concern was whether it is very dissimilar to what has been mentioned earlier - just apply an ash toner all over after the highlights and leave it on for a certain period of time until it starts lifting the base, if that makes sense?

Must admit, I’ve never seen the point in doing this because presumably, you’ll still get a demarcation line as it grows out and so wouldn’t it be better to get them in to get their roots done regularly?
It is just a quick fix for those clients who always drop the "I know I only booked a Blowdry, but I'm going out tonight and I only realised how bad my roots were this morning" but I totally agree with what you're saying, if the client and you have time, it's better just to do the root and address the problem itself, rather than masking it only to create another problem in a few weeks time

Latest posts

Back