Can someone please shed some light on the different weave methods?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holly_Hoppy

Reaction score
And I hate asking, because I'm embarassed that I don't know.

I was trained in the LA weave method - so a row of micro beads applied to the hair and the weft of hair sewn onto those. Simple.

When I had hair extensions fitted myself (before I was trained) it was a "Malaysian Weave" - I cannot find any concrete information on what this actually means, some explanations make it sound exactly like the LA Weave, some say the LA Weave is a variation of the Malaysian...but not what the difference is.
I know that a weave can be done with TWO rows of beads - so one row of beads installed and then another bead attached to two beaded strands.

There are other weave names being bandied around such as "Celebrity Weave", "Brazilian Weave", "Micro link Weave"

Please, Oh Wise Ones, tell me - are these all just the same thing with a different name? Perhaps owing the trade mark debacle over the term "LA Weave"?

Also, I have no idea why its telling me I'm a "new member" o_O I've been on here since 2015 :cool:

People/companies make up all sorts of names for hair extension methods. Most of them are the same.

I've done it before you where you do a row of microbeads but have them sort of interlocking.

I've also done no sew you where you take hair above and below the weft and microbead it in place.

I personally think good old L.A. Weave is the gentlest and most secure!

I wouldnt stress about it if I were you!

Also, I have no idea why its telling me I'm a "new member" o_O I've been on here since 2015 :cool:

‘New Member’ moniker is based on your posting history and will change when you’ve made a few more posts. :)

‘New Member’ moniker is based on your posting history and will change when you’ve made a few more posts. :)
I see!
People/companies make up all sorts of names for hair extension methods. Most of them are the same.

I've done it before you where you do a row of microbeads but have them sort of interlocking.

I've also done no sew you where you take hair above and below the weft and microbead it in place.

I personally think good old L.A. Weave is the gentlest and most secure!

I wouldnt stress about it if I were you!

Thank you!

Latest posts

Back