Hair Treatments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracey louise

Reaction score
i have highlights done every 6-8 weeks aswell as have it cut.ive had this done for years now but i just feel that my hair is quite dry as i also straighten my hair regularly.i do use heat protector aswell as a leave in conditioner these are by ghd.
i feel that i need something abit more intense but im not sure what i need as im not a hairdresser.
could someone piont me in the right direction,im happy to go to a salon for a treatment or to just buy something.
thanks for any help and advice.:hug:xx

i have highlights done every 6-8 weeks aswell as have it cut.ive had this done for years now but i just feel that my hair is quite dry as i also straighten my hair regularly.i do use heat protector aswell as a leave in conditioner these are by ghd.
i feel that i need something abit more intense but im not sure what i need as im not a hairdresser.
could someone piont me in the right direction,im happy to go to a salon for a treatment or to just buy something.
thanks for any help and advice.:hug:xx

Hi tracey louise, once hair becomes dry and over processed by colour ect,
nothing can really fix it
except to cut the damaged parts off ,
you could try some salon formulas for dry hair such as Loreal intensive conditioners and restructrants,
these will help the hair to look and feel better , Ask your hairdresser do they sell intensive conditioning packs ect :hug: x minky

Hi Tracey

I had really over processed hair from regular highlights over the years. As minky recommended the best option is to cut the damaged hair off. I did in, Dec 07, it was very painfull, but has now grown to jaw length in layers. I have religiously treated it with oils left on over night, at least once a week, either almond oil or olive oil. Also used a vitamin pack treatment from Paul Mitchell. As minky said loreal shampoo and conditioners for dry/overprocessed hair are also good. Hair Geeks can best advise you though.
Good luck with nourishing your locks!

thanks girls.i do have my hair cut regular anyway i just fell that my hair looks quite dry and the ends are the worst even if i have just had my hair cut.
what do you think would be the best products for me to buy?
thanks again.xxx

Hi, First I would try and get to the root of the problem and ask why is your hair so dry at the ends ?
if you do not know
then perhaps you could ask your stylist a few questions about how to stop it becoming so dry
ask your stylist is it the colour or the technique used making it too dry ?
if so
perhaps you and your stylist could work out a new future colour plan
for you
where you could ask the stylist not to take the highlights all the way though to the ends each time,
(especially if they use bleaching or lightening products)

If that is not the case and you think its just dry hair due to blow drying colouring straightening ect,

Wella do a lovely range of shampoo and conditioners one is for colour protection

eg Coloured hair recieves intense conditioning and the colour brilliance is protected
which includes a shampoo a rinse a finishing cream a conditioning spray
and an intensive mask

they also do the sme range in Exra Rich formula
eg for dry damaged hair , contains essential nutrients required to achieve a vibrant apearance
this also has a shampoo
a rinse , an intensive mask, a self warming mask, and an instant repair formula

You would have to go along to your nearest Wella salon who can offer a this range
and also book in for a thorough consultation with a stylist

so that she can give you the best possible product choice for your hair type and condition ,

:hug: hth x minky

Hi the best treatments ive used are loreal hair mask in a light yellow tub and kerastes kerasilk for chemicaly damaged hair. Dumb blone by tigi is nice aswell the shampoo and conditioner together work realy well. Hope this helps xxx

Hi,

I have dyed my hair black for over a year now and yesterday, my hairdresser put some foil highlights through it to lighten it up so I look less pale. I knew that it was going to be dry (she told me to be prepared for dryness and breakage and gave me a deep repair treatment) but I wasn't expecting it to be this dry. Can someone please recommend me some shampoo and conditioner that will sort it out a bit? I straighten it every day, wish I didn't have to but I can't leave it and go out as it's all over the shop.

Will treatments help it or am I looking at it being like this forever?

Please help!

Thanks,

Helen

Hi,

I have dyed my hair black for over a year now and yesterday, my hairdresser put some foil highlights through it to lighten it up so I look less pale. I knew that it was going to be dry (she told me to be prepared for dryness and breakage and gave me a deep repair treatment) but I wasn't expecting it to be this dry. Can someone please recommend me some shampoo and conditioner that will sort it out a bit? I straighten it every day, wish I didn't have to but I can't leave it and go out as it's all over the shop.

Will treatments help it or am I looking at it being like this forever?

Please help!

Thanks,

Helen

Hi Helen , you could give some of conditioners and shampoos
that are already mentioned in this thread a go ,
they should help a lot
:hug: x minky

i like to use redkin extreme on my hair i do the whole thing bleach and sometimes i perm it. very not good for your hair but with the extreme it feels so healthy. also redkin salons usually offer a chemical systms which is a ten to thirty minute deep conditions that can only be sold as a service and not a retail product. its makes hair feel like you never colored it before. i works for all my clients that do highlights. also you need to switch the type of products you use for your hair. its good to stay with the brand. like if you like redkin try their body full and then when you run out try thier smooth down and so on. your hair will get used to one kind and it wont work anymore until it gets used to something else then its okay to go back. talk to your stylist they will know the best treatment for your hair. also good to stick with the same stylist they will get to know your hair personally.

Latest posts

Back