can spiders get out of a hoover??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sassy Hassy said:
Funny thing is I can pick daddy long legs up no probs - but they are like snails in comparison to spiders.
Thats weird...cos thats me too!!!
I've also seen them come back out of a vacuum, was gonna post and say it last night but, thought the poor girl would never sleep, so I didnt!
Ive also flushed one down the plug hole before washing my hair...gone to get in the shower half hour later...blighter was back...and yes it was the same one, cos it was an odd colour!
He didnt survive the blast of the red hot water he got then though...ooh arent we cruel wimps!!!

I am so not coming back as a spider in my next life!

You guys are brave sucking up the spider in the first place. I'm afraid I close the room door and leave the house if possible!! If I did suck it up, the hoover would then go straight outside and I'd get hubby to change the bag when he got in!!

im an arachcnaphobic, and i cant even touch a photo of a little spider!!! i dont even like the word SPIDER and typing it makes me feel funny, anyway i put socks over the end of a hoover if i managed to get one of my kids to suck it up, well they put the sock on it as im normally crying, i cant watch them on tv or look at pictures or if there is a picture of one in a newspaper and i come across it the paper is launched in the air and the paper then has to go in a bin bag outside, so now my husband previews them for me and tears the pics out before i read it but even then i feel uncomfortable as i know the spider was in there!!!!! (yes i know it was only made out of newspaper print!)

if you offered me a million quid to hold one i certainly could not do it!
silly arent i ?

This thread is making me smile :) I'm not afraid of spiders gladly. What i do hate is cocoraches, we have lots here due to the nice climate (has its dowsides as u can see), but i always seem to gather enough courage to kill them. They are simply disgusting, and compared to them spiders seem quite friendly :)
But what i hate the most to see in my house is ants. I know this might sound stupid but i just do. I'm not scared of them, i just don't like them, this because i once woke up with a live ant in my ear. Can u image the noise it made? I was terrible....

If you want to get rid on ants but dont want to put down ant killer (cos you are a friend of the earth) then just wipe over any areas that they walk on with vinegar. they hate it. My daughter is a Vegan and would not even kill a fly. Her kitchen got over run with ants and so we wiped down the floor and worktops with vinegar and whollah - no more ants.

i used to be petrified of spiders but i can now pick them up and throw them out (cant be a scardie cat infront of 3 boys) but frogs....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh scare the living crap out of me i cant go outside if i can see one, they stare at you and their throat just moves...i brought one in on my wash basket once, boys where in bed i flicked it with a teatowel but i couldnt open the back door for hours incase it was waiting to get me

crystals said:
iv'e hoovered up plenty of them i dont think they escape.

i think someones planted a nest of them in our house there seems to be hords of them at the moment, there was a massive one in our bathroom the other night, i spray them with hair laquer to stop them moving then bang them with a shoe, i no thats terrible but i cannot stand them. :Scared:
lol thats exactly wot i do!apart from that big 1 o dear it was masive and it did make me clean my room lol..

This thread has made me chuckle! It seems we are all (or nearly all of us) scared of spiders. Im surprised we havent had any replies from friends of the earth, telling us what awful people we are to suck them up with the hoover and let them die. Oh well, i guess we wont get into heaven then? I dont like spiders, they are so god damn ugly, and hairy, oh and like greased lightening when they go! But i dont think i would hoover one up in case like you said it got out, im brave enough to do the glass and cardboard thing and chuck em outside and slam the door sharpish.!!

OOh I hate spiders too - once had to get my neighbour to get one out for me at 9pm cos hubby was out. Think she thought i was mad! Worse tho was waking up after a heavy night out and remembering that I had removed an ENORMOUS spider that had been on my curtains the night before when I got in. Couldnt belive I'd done it. But it was either that or wake my Dad up (was still living at home..) and let him see the druken state I was in!!!

Im not bothered about spiders as long as they stay out of my way!!! I was on a course recently and when I went to have a shower I found one in the bath tub...it was that big that it was drying itself off with my bath towel!!!
At home I also have a dyson so I know that once their in their they dont come out til the other half empties the cylinder!

My advice...buy a dyson lol

lol! i do have a dyson, but i still put the hoover outside last nite, didnt wanna chance it!!

xx

louge said:
Im not bothered about spiders as long as they stay out of my way!!! I was on a course recently and when I went to have a shower I found one in the bath tub...it was that big that it was drying itself off with my bath towel!!!
At home I also have a dyson so I know that once their in their they dont come out til the other half empties the cylinder!

My advice...buy a dyson lol

I don't know if its cruel posting this but this post has made me giggle so much! Mostly coz the fear of spiders is quite irrational!
But did you know........
.......that apparently on average you swallow 3 spiders during your sleep in a lifetime!!!!!!
Sweet dreams! lol.

pmsl@jo
NoticeableNails said:
I don't know if its cruel posting this but this post has made me giggle so much! Mostly coz the fear of spiders is quite irrational!
But did you know........
.......that apparently on average you swallow 3 spiders during your sleep in a lifetime!!!!!!
Sweet dreams! lol.

Noooooooooooooo, my word, i will be up all night now!! lol

:Scared:

NoticeableNails said:
But did you know........
Sweet dreams! lol.

crystals said:
iv'e hoovered up plenty of them i dont think they escape.

i think someones planted a nest of them in our house there seems to be hords of them at the moment, there was a massive one in our bathroom the other night, i spray them with hair laquer to stop them moving then bang them with a shoe, i no thats terrible but i cannot stand them. :Scared:

HAHAHA thats what i do!!!!

ive been gettin loads of moths flying into my room lately. not just little ones- oh no!!! im talkin huge dirtty great moths the size of bats!!! lmao.

I was lying in bed a few weeks ago and i could hear this flapping so i jumped out of bed and turned the light on and it was flamin HUGE!!!

Then it was like a scene from that film with lee evans trying to catch the mouse, i had to move my bed and i was just chuckin stuff around out my way. it was hilarious!!! i eventually got it trapped under a big tub. which i then put loads of books ontop of so it couldnt esceap. then my mom had to remove the 'corpse' in the morning lol.

NoticeableNails said:
But did you know........
Sweet dreams! lol.

Thanks for that!!!!

My hubby had to oust an absolutely HUGE spider from my kitchen last night. Even he said it was a biggy........."could have worn my Doc Martin's" he said!!!! Uurrgh!

Martine

Latest posts

Back