Can the odour/acrylic vapours harm you long term?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapphire nails

Reaction score
just had a few clients ask?

x

Clients who are just having their nails done every few weeks or so probably not but as a tech i would say probably yes unless you are following work practice guide lines which say use extractors and work to minimise vapours.

just had a few clients ask?

x

The answer is NO. If you are using your products in line with COSHH guidelines then we are all working WAY below the concentration of ppm that would or even could cause you any physical harm.

It is important to remember that technicians have been safely using nail products for over 35 years. Nail products have been deemed safe to use by the American FDA for many many years.

Stop worrying. Just because something has an odour does not mean it is unsafe. Many lethal substances have no odour at all. Odour is not an indication that something is unsafe. Look at the hairdressing industry .. perm solutions are much more offensive to ME than Acrylic monomer.

Look at the hairdressing industry .. perm solutions are much more offensive to ME than Acrylic monomer.

I totally agree with this :!:

thanks guys, great advice

x

I personally like the smell of the acrylic liquid, but my Husband really hates it!!!! I have a home salon and have to work really hard to minimise the smell. I empty my little pedal bin frequently and I always have the backdoor open. I also found that if I switch my air globe on it gets rid of the vapours.

Last edited by a moderator:
These questions frustrate me - even if they can be deemed legitimate.

Do these people really think we professionals would work with the product day in and day out if it was going to kill us???? Were is the common sense in that?

Latest posts

Back