Can we get away with increasing our prices at the moment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zingara

Reaction score
Well, this month has been the first this year I didn't improve on the last months turnover and profit...partly I believe down to seasonal downturn, but also due to rising prices from suppliers, increased postage and delivery, higher fuel costs when travelling and general running costs are having an impact, if I compare to my 'cost' per client year on year for the same period last year.

That all taken into account, I believe I should naturally be thinking of increasing my prices, but am concerned as to the impact this may have given the current uncertainty in people's minds about the financial climate.

So, I'm interested in your opinions. If I charge for example, £35 for a full set, and £25 for overlays and rebalance....how much would you think I could get away with without an adverse impact on business. Or should I shelve the whole idea until New Year and swallow the increased cost myself...merely capitalising on hopefully forthcoming Christmas trade?

I'm already, by the way, the most expensive tech in town....that said I am the best tech in town! There is one other salon....enhancements (£30) not great but they do nice Calgel overlays for £25, and couple of mobile girls who knock out full sets for anywhere between £15 and £25.

Thanks in advance....look forward to your thoughts x

I think you could charge more Lindsay but you are a relatively newly established business and to increase your prices so soon might put current clients off. It is very difficult to raise your prices, therefore it is very important to get it right first time unless you are prepared to go lower. I don't think it looks good for a salon if their prices are changing too often (whether up or down) - it always makes me question why?

I would hold off until after Xmas and then perhaps increase your prices a little if necessary. I think in the current economic climate, we are lucky if we have a healthy client base. You could perhaps review your 'new sets' prices to £40 and keep your maintenance/rebalance at £25.

If you feel your clients are getting too good a deal and your overheads getting too big, you could always charge for every repair, etc.

Well done on establishing a successful salon so soon xx:hug:

No price increases

But how about some special promos? introduce friend get ??% off?

i think your overlay price or £25 seems very low considering the cost of bio sculpture.

when i took bio on i was determined i would make more from it than i do with other systems other wise i may as well have just taken on more acrylic clients.

it cost a lot to set up with and i had to get the investment working for me.

Hi hun

I think you should capitalise on the Christmas period but put a sign up saying that as of the end of January (or whenever you feel maybe right) your prices will be £xxx.

You could put a note on the bottom saying it is regretful and you have been absorbing the rising cost for the last xxx months but now due to the increasing rise in inflation, petrol, supplier products etc you have to increase your prices in line with these costs.

Just my 2c :)

Good luck hunny. :hug:

There is no way that I can increase my prices. In my area there is a lot of competition, there has been a price war going on (which I have not joined) but I know I cannot increase my prices.

Yes there's a price war in all the salons round here atm....£10 full set (of housebricks:eek:) but the kids will pay that for white tips and clear overlays round here. They don't care if they only keep them on for the weekend.
With this and the price of everything else on the up I don't think many near me will be upping their prices.
Plus...I have this guy living nearby who's supposed to be quite good at nails so I hear...:lol::lol::lol:
(luvs ya really mate:hug:)
I think pricing is such a personal thing too...dependant on skill, area etc.
Good thread mate...one for a lot of techs to give some serious thought to:hug:

I'm having the same dilemma at the moment, as a mobile spray tan service the cost of fuel is a big consideration, but if I put up my prices would my regulars still be as regular? :confused:

I am charging 20 pounds for a full body spray tan which seems to be about average/sometimes cheaper...but some people charge 5 pounds more for a mobile service and its only 20 pounds if the client goes to them...

I will probably hold fire until after the New year too and then just increase by a couple of pounds so that its not too much of an increase...

I think it also depends on your client base too, the bread and butter, you know them and likely know if they would be willing to swallow a price increase to keep you as their tech.

Latest posts

Back