Can you apply gel polish to the skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandstones

Reaction score
Hi I have a client asking if she can have gel polish on her toes, she only has 5 and wondered if I could use the gel on the other 5 with no nail. I didn't think it would adhere to the skin but I have never tried and I certainly wasn't told I could when I trained....but does anyone know if it is possible?? I sound ridiculous asking this :/ x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I watched a programme once called extreme beauty disasters on tlc channel, they used a special product to give a false toenail it was similar to a gel polish have a google of the show it did explain it on there what exactly u can and can't use on that area

Hi I have a client asking if she can have gel polish on her toes, she only has 5 and wondered if I could use the gel on the other 5 with no nail. I didn't think it would adhere to the skin but I have never tried and I certainly wasn't told I could when I trained....but does anyone know if it is possible?? I sound ridiculous asking this :/ x

it's not ridiculous to ask anything...how else would you learn?
No you cannot put gel polish , any brand, directly onto skin as you would be over exposing your client to un cured product ....very high risk of then developing a permanent allergy to all acrylate based nail products ...

if there is a little nail , yes you could extend that to normal length with hard gel or acrylic but if there is absolutley no nail , just skin then the only thing I would suggest is a stick on nail ...which wouldn't last long but if it's for a special occasion your client might be happy with that

Thanks for your help. I didn't think I could but just needed to confirm. I will google that programme too. Thanks :) x

The clients name was subhain shed used nail polish remover excessively and ruined her toenails

Jeez must have washed in it for that to happen lol. Or used full strength acetone. Going to google it now :D

To say that no gel can work is misinformation. LCN Wilde Pedique is made for this situation and works wonderfully. Here is the site info LCN Wilde Pedique | Simple Foot Solutions and just as an aside, I have also used it on fingers and thumbs with great success.

To say that no gel can work is misinformation. LCN Wilde Pedique is made for this situation and works wonderfully. Here is the site info LCN Wilde Pedique | Simple Foot Solutions and just as an aside, I have also used it on fingers and thumbs with great success.

maybe the OP can clarify if the client has a missing nail due to trauma etc or that there is skin only with no nailbed/plate ..

Wow just looked at the LCN site. Looks great :) x

I have used it many times where no nail whatsoever existed. It's magic. Also I tell my clients when it does fall off (it will eventually and everyone is different), that they can keep the nail I've made and reapply with nail glue when needed to wear sandals etc.

Hmm it appears I have to be trained in the product. Can I buy this product without the training? Surely it's pretty much the same as applying gel and curing...right?

I'm in Canada and no training was necessary for me to buy. It's really straight forward to use. There must be a UK supplier. Here it's Cosmoprof.

I believe the OP asked about gel polish, and the answer for that would be that gel polish should not be applied to the skin. The LCN product is a product specifically made for reconstruction and contains a different resin than the polymers in gel polish. Looks like it does a fab job.

No, gel polish shouldn't be applied to the skin, allergic reactions and all that jazz.
I have been using LCN Wilde Pedique for a few years. Amazing doesn't even begin to cover it.

However, CosmoProf is not a distributor for Canada. Otherwise I'd be buying from them as they carry CND. I was told by the owner as they supply CND exclusively they cannot carry LCN.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Biljana, mine came from Cosmoprof here on the east coast. The Cosmpprof rep visited my salon once a month and I placed orders through him.

Biljana, mine came from Cosmoprof here on the east coast. The Cosmpprof rep visited my salon once a month and I placed orders through him.

Jeesh, I have tried so many times. I was told it was a corporate thing.
I even still have my account at my old address in the east and no where do they sell LCN.

Attachments

• 1413928630227.jpg
    1413928630227.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 113
Jeesh, I have tried so many times. I was told it was a corporate thing.
I even still have my account at my old address in the east and no where do they sell LCN.

Let me make a call tomorrow. I haven't dealt with Cosmoprof since I moved two years ago. Where do you purchase now?

Let me make a call tomorrow. I haven't dealt with Cosmoprof since I moved two years ago. Where do you purchase now?

The Beauty Depot

Latest posts

Back