Can you claim for client gifts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoshilee

Reaction score
Hi, I am a self employed massage therapist and have a home salon. I'm starting my third year and buy a small birthday gift for my regular clients such as flowers or they can choose a scented candle or Lindt chocolate. I've not claimed for the gifts I bought in the tax year just gone as I couldn't find the info on HMRC website and I also did not keep all the receipts. Can anyone please advise if I am able to put client gifts down as an expense? and if there are any restrictions on the type of gift you can claim for? thank you for your help.

Last edited:
Reading some of those guidelines, if you got some candles branded up with your business details on them, that would come under the 'conspicuous advertising'

Reading some of those guidelines, if you got some candles branded up with your business details on them, that would come under the 'conspicuous advertising'

Yes, I agree. And less than £50 worth per client per year (which won’t be hard).

That's a great idea, thank you for replying. I find that manual so hard to navigate!

Latest posts

Back