Can you do gel nails on these?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ali_d2003

Reaction score
A friend asked can you do gel nails on hee nails?
bb54fb65bc25318b9047a04efdd8c2fc.jpg

You'd have to use extensions

Cannibal enhancements done right are a sweet specialty and totally doable. Just strongly encourage use of tips to do so.

Yes. Keep them short, very short, and encourage her to come back very soon, like within 10-14 days or sooner, not 4-5 weeks like other clients, because hers are much more likely to either come off, or get damaged by her. At least until her own have grown. I've had a lot of nail biters, I strongly encourage them to come back within 10 days, also the nails will have growth as if she's on steroids!! (which does happen when nailbiters suddenly stop biting).
As for Tips vs forms, well... Tips would perhaps be easier to use on these nails because forms can be tricky even on long nails. On the other hand, enhancements sculpted with forms are usually stronger if done correctly. So if you have experience with nail biters and forms in general, a custom fitted form would likely result in enhancements that last longer because the gel would have more nail to adhere to. It's your call what you do, but ultimately yes you can sculpt on them :) But encourage her to set up series appointments, for the sake of promiting good growth of her natural nails, and not as a one off quick fix...(unless that's exactly what she wants). Good luck! Let us know how you got on <3
OH and PS: This will sound strange, but I have personally found that whenever I put pretty nail design/bling/nail art etc on a nail biter's enhancements, they tend to pick at them less (I guess they're more visible and pretty, and they can easily "catch" themselves?), and I've heard this in feedback from my clients too. The ones that are nailbiters, I mean. Just a thought ofc. :)

Thanks guys im onlu seeing this now. Yea i used full well tips on her. I'm not great with forms. I kept them short. I might just text her now and follow up with her. Xx

Latest posts

Back