Can you "do" L&P enhancements near sunbeds?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'chelle

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone offer me some advice?
I've secured a lease for a nail table within a tanning salon, and the nail bar is open plan, quite near the sunbed area. a tech recently told me to think carefully about this before I formally commit, as the UV that the sunbeds kick out literally starts curing the product on your brush before you can get it on the nail and that your retention just evaporates and that you go through loads of it.
I'm going to go and view the place while the sunbeds are on to see how "warm" it is for myself, but I am more inclined to reconsider if this is a known problem with working near sunbeds.
Has anyone got any experience on this? Can you help???? :confused:

Are you concerned about the heat or uv output hun ?

i rent a table in a tanning salon, never had a problem from the sunbeds. if anything it's a little on the chilly side as can't have any heating on incase the beds overheat! not noticed the cold making a difference to any products. Retention will evaporate in any envirfonment and should be in a dappen dish with a lid when not in use.
I've asked the other two tech's aswell and they haven't noticed any difference either chik x x x :green:

Are you concerned about the heat or uv output hun ?

Both I think. I'm sure that a warmer environment will speed up curing time, although I would have thought it would have to be pretty damn warm for it to cause a problem, but also the UV issue, as I was led to believe that it is this that cures the product quickly making it difficult to work with. I did think that it was only gels that cured under UV but the info I got was from a reliable source about the UV curing l&p as you work.
With the retention liquid, I only ever put one pippette of it into my dappen dish per service anyway, and find that this is just right for one set of nails, but I would hate for it to be evaporating and to end up using more than one pippette per service, its expensive stuff!!!

I have worked as a tech renting a room in a sunbed shop, it was for quite sometime.
In summer the heat has been unbearable at times even with a fan and a room cooler.
It certainly makes you learn how to work quickly with your acrylic products.
The sunbeds were mainly downstairs, there was just one upstairs where my room was situated but, as you can guess the heat just goes upwards.
I never had a problem with the UV thing as I had my own room but the heat is certainly an issue to think about.
Sorry if this puts a downer on things but I have to be honest x

I have worked as a tech renting a room in a sunbed shop, it was for quite sometime.
In summer the heat has been unbearable at times even with a fan and a room cooler.
It certainly makes you learn how to work quickly with your acrylic products.
The sunbeds were mainly downstairs, there was just one upstairs where my room was situated but, as you can guess the heat just goes upwards.
I never had a problem with the UV thing as I had my own room but the heat is certainly an issue to think about.
Sorry if this puts a downer on things but I have to be honest x

Please dont apologise, thats just what I need to hear really. I would hate to sign an agreement and tie myself in and then find that its unworkable, thankyou for your honesty. Do you think it would make any difference if the sunbeds are on the same floor as the nail table, but if I ask her to relocate the nail table as far away from the beds as poss, or would you recommend not working within a tanning salon? I'm not anchoring all my hopes on this one place, I will keep looking until I find the right one if necessary

I have one sunbed in my salon and it does get very warm when it has been on but i cant say i have had a problem,
why don't you explain your concerns to the person who your going to rent from and ask if you can do one week to try it out for yourself and see if you experience any problems, that is the only way to know for sure,
good luck hun

Hi, can anyone offer me some advice?
I've secured a lease for a nail table within a tanning salon, and the nail bar is open plan, quite near the sunbed area. a tech recently told me to think carefully about this before I formally commit, as the UV that the sunbeds kick out literally starts curing the product on your brush before you can get it on the nail and that your retention just evaporates and that you go through loads of it.
I'm going to go and view the place while the sunbeds are on to see how "warm" it is for myself, but I am more inclined to reconsider if this is a known problem with working near sunbeds.
Has anyone got any experience on this? Can you help???? :confused:

you have some wrong advice there.:irked: I have owned many tanning salons ( with up to 10 beds) & being a nail tech I worked in them doing nails. not once was 'UV" output a issue,,, due to the fact this output is in the bed & in a closed room.
you have more of a chance of your gels curing in a sun filled window or just from the bulb from your table lamp...
As for your l&p ,, some nail products are more ratio senstive then others, some will work better in a cool area while some will work better in a warm area. Then you have some that will work great in all conditions.
If this is a quality tanning salon it will have in place a cooling system to over come the heat generated by Tanning beds..

Latest posts

Back