Can you drive?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been driving since I turned 15 and that was um..32, yes 32 years ago. I also have my motorbike licence (though its been years since I rode a bike) and also my learner truck licence. If I had to rely on public transport I would go no where and see nothing.. With a car I can travel this wonderful country when and wherever the feeling takes me.

I've been driving for 22 years, passed first time and never had a point on my licence (OMG am I tempting fate here, touches wood with haste!).

When I was in Fleet Car Sales I had to jump in and out of different cars AND vans day in day out. I think I was eventually paid a compliment once when I was told I drove like a man!

Now I drive like a complete hooley so I fit into the Spanish way of driving really well - now they are BAAAD drivers, who cares about parking bays, let's just stop in the middle of the street ... or worse, let's just stop in the middle of the street and take a pee by the nearest tree :eek::eek::eek: ... erm I don't go that far BTW and it's only the Spanish men that do that AND IT'S GROSS!!!

It did take me a while to get used to driving a Left hand drive car though, I can't remember the number of times I tried to change gear with the door handle!

I passed my test 20 years ago :eek: - and I love cars! I feel passionately about my car, it's so much more than a means of getting me from a to b..... Actually, being mobile my car is (a) a means of transport, (b) my mobile office, (c) the place I eat my lunch, (d) my means of keeping up with what's going on in the world (I listen to Radio 5 Live all day!)...... And that's just when I'm working!!!!!

I wouldn't/couldn't be without my car.....

I've had my car licence for 17 yrs. Had my bike licence 12 yrs and HGV licence 10 yrs. Only have my PSV left to get.

I love being on the road. Before falling preggers i was a bike instructor in my spare time (weekends)with my first prgnancy i was instructing on my bike up until i was 7 months preggers, only stopped coz I couldn't reach the handle bars.....lol

its my new yrs resolution for this year im a training tech at the min but want to become mobile once i qualify so need to learn to drive this yr!!!

Passed 1st time 21 years ago. I wouldn't say I particularly enjoy driving but I love the freedom it gives me.

I too drive like a man except when my kids are in the car and I become super careful:)

Yes I drive (passed 2nd time round).

You become so dependent on your car don't you? I'd be totally lost without it now (no pun intended :lol:).

Wow some really interesting answers there :green:

There's so much to say but in the end, I think it's best if I just say thank you for a fantastic insight to all your lives :hug:

BTW - G - it's about time we had some more leek and potato soup :wink2:

:hug::hug::hug: to all

I am still a pedestrian lmao,
I took my first driving test last thursday and failed miserably,:smack: I am not usualy a nervous person but I tought I was going to faint .

I dont enjoy the lessons, I dont really want to drive , but I need to for work . Im 26 and am happy walking, especially after that test!!!!

I have been driving for 4 years now, passed 1st time while I was 8 1/2 months pregnant, I didn't realise your feet could shake until my driving test! I love driving now, best thing we ever did with our money (apart from the boob lift and tummy tuck lol)

Sam xx

I like driving and apparently am good at it - I just can't pass my bl**dy test! The last one I took (over 11 years ago) was the last slot on Friday afternoon. The examiner looked at his watch and failed me - I know for a fact I'd passed! My instructor had to be held back, he was going to put him through the fence! It's put me right off but I need to "grasp the nettle" and do it again, especially now I'm hoping to do nails/beauty, a driving licence would give me a lot more opportunities.

As many here know, I got my license on October 19th of 2007 - little over a month ago.

I'm 36... a late learner.

BUT I moved out at 16yrs of age, onto my own. So, it was either A)rent & food or B) car and license..
Ummmmm I think I'll choose A, thanks :lol:
Then later years, when I could afford it, I lived in a part of the city where the bus was LITERALLY every 5minutes.
PLUS where I worked downtown Montreal, parking was an obscene 500$ per month (and more in some places) and that was more than the cost of my monthly apartment rent:eek:
So, I didn't see the sense in having a license just to drive on the Weekends.

NOW with 2 kids, and living in the suburbs?
OMG I HAD TO HAVE MY LICENSE:!::!:

So, here I am, "Miss Independance" and LOVING IT:!:
I NEVER want to be without wheels ever again.
:green:

I've been driving for 16 years and on the odd occasion when I haven't had a car for a few weeks I've been totally lost. The public transport in Norwich is pretty cr*p, if you want to go anywhere its usually two buses and loads of waiting in between.

It did take me a while to get used to driving a Left hand drive car though, I can't remember the number of times I tried to change gear with the door handle!

Try parking without a "gear shift":eek:
I pulled into my daughter's Preschool the other day, to pick her up...
The shifter is on the steering column..
Shifted into park and the darn 'shifter' handle thingy came right off into my hand:eek:

I must have been a picture, sitting there with it held up in the air, looking at it, rather stunned and without words. (most people would probably turn the air blue with cursing, I was too confused to even speak :lol:)
I said 'oops' and tried shoving it back in.
After some wriggling, it popped back in.
Walked into the school, fetched my daughter.
Drove to the garage, pulled it out again and walked into the door and said "my gear shift came off" while brandishing it about.

There were some stunned faces and some laughter.:lol:

For a novice driver, I think I handled it pretty well
:lol:

A few whacks with a hammer, to put the "pin" back in place and it's still where it should be... for now? :lol:

I take my practical test yet again in two weeks!!!! So sick of it all. :( :cry: Can drive well but just doesn't happen on the day & they keep failing me over really tiny things, even the examiners say i can drive just need to be more relaxed, HELLO would be if it wasn't a test!! My instructor says I don't need more lessons as I CAN drive, so for gods sake why won't they pass me. Its like playing the lottery, just depends how examiners feel on the day!! I soooooooooo need to drive though is causing so many problems, school runs, nursery pick-up etc..... I really have had enough but am being pushed now to do it as it would be a waste other wise. :cry: :cry:

I was there the day I turned 16 & 1/2, waiting for the transport dept to open up.

No way would I be without my car, I bought it before I got my license and was in the process of restoring it for the day I could finally drive.

I was without it for about six months when I blew up the motor & thought I would go crazy having to ask other people to drive me everywhere.:cry:

I passed last year, and only drive locally. I am wanting to explore further afield, but want to master my skills, before going any where near the 50+ mile mark.

I enjoy it, but it is scary when you have some drivers doing some crazy driving.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I've had my car licence for 26 years, bike for 9 and pcv for 8 years. Love driving coaches and riding bikes but find the car a chore, its boring compared to the other two:lol: but its a skill I would hate to be with out.

Yep I drive and have done since I was 17 so thats 11 years almost then! I love driving, I would like to do my HGV as hubby is a lorry driver and he loves it, Ive had a go once when he was on general haulage but Im not allowed near his petrol tanker! :eek:

I honestly dont know how I would get about if I couldnt drive, everything is miles from me!

xxxx:hug:

I drive... but HATE it soooooooooo much! :mad:

There is a mobile Nail Tech that lives next to my Nana and she doesn't drive, she TAXI's every were! :eek: OMG... can you imagine??

x

Latest posts

Back