Can you drive?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snugglepuss

Reaction score
I was just wondering how many of you drive?

Being an "old un" and being able to drive what seems like an eternity :lol: I sometimes forget that some people don't drive!

Obviously - if you want to be a mobile tech then you have to drive..............

I do drive and have done for 13 years. But I am not a confident driver I only really drive locally and I am really happy and confident doing so.
But put it this way Liverpool (my hometown) is only 60 miles away and I have never driven there I would rather get the train !

I always say its not my driving that concerns me its the other idiots out there that scare the **** out of me.

I am thinking of doing an advanced driving course to boost my confidence, I have been told that this will sort me out as I would love to just get up and go and not rely on my hubbie for the long distance trips.

I've been driving for 17 years and I simply wouldn't be able to manage without my car.

I live in the sticks, a little village and have to drive my children to the next village to go to school each day so public transport would never be an option for me. And of course I'd never be able to get to work either!

I love my car!! :Love: :lol:

I have been driving for abot 14 years now, I learned in my late twenties and it's the best thing I ever done. I would be lost without my car now, as I am mobile and the kids taxi driver!!!!!:)

However I am a terrible passenger, I had a terrible car accident when I was 19 and my friend was killed, we were sitting in the back. I find myself now seeing every possible instance of what could be an accident when I am a passenger yet feel totally in control when I am driving.

i have been driving for about 18 years....i am a very confident driver aswell.....i can reverse a car just by looking in my wing mirror,s(my brother said that was good for a woman!) i love driving ....my sister had a fall in may and may not be able to drive for a year....i dont know how she cope,s without driving9my mum!!)...when i was pregnant with my 1st i stopped driving and lost confidence... i promised myself i would not do that again and i wont.xx

I don't drive - I never got as far as my test as it scares the living daylights out of me! I manage okay on public transport most of the time, and although there are days when having a car would be handy (moving house, for example!) I can't say I miss it. I certainly don't miss the stress of road rage which seems to be on the increase in my town! :D

i take my practical test next month :irked: not looking forward to it!

guess i'm in the minority... 42 and still not driving:o

i tried when i was about 19 and i hated every minute of it and then spent the weeks between lessons dreading the next one:cry:
then i just thought to myself 'why am i putting myself through this?'
and i packed it in and havent tried again.

i have to say it hasnt held me back a lot. if i want to go somewhere i usually find a way... generally by train.
sometimes its majorly inconvenient though, like when i have to go to lechat head office in norwich for meetings. there is no direct rail line there so it goes down to london and then back up to norwich and ends up being a 4 1/2 hour journey. it takes only 2 hours in a car.

eventually i will learn to drive, my husband has an illness that may mean he ends up in a wheelchair, so i cant rely on him forever.
its just that i feel up to my neck in responsibilities already and so shattered all the time, that i just dont feel i could take something like that on at the moment. maybe when my 8 yr old is a bit more self sufficient.

yep!!!!!!!!
ive been driving for 18 yrs now!! gulp

passed first time after only 10 lessons!!!
would be lost without my car

mind you i have picked uploads of bad habits , and i know i probably wouldnt pass the theory test nowadays!!!!!!!!!!

I am with you debbie, an old un and i don't drive (hang on a minute, NO we are not old lol)
i have took my test twice when i was a young un but failed both times with nerves, on one of them my examiner told me to pull over and asked me if i was ok as i was shaking so much (think i made him nervous :lol:)
i do want to drive and keep saying i will do a crash course one day,
cant be bothering with one hr a week lessons, think i am the type that needs things intensive, so if i am learning to drive every day i think i will be much better

Nope, I don't drive and I'm 40.

I passed my test in 1987 :eek:. That makes me feel old! I couldn't afford a car a few years back, so was without one until about 3 years ago. I couldn't do without it now, we live in a really awkward place for public transport.

Well I have been driving for 23 years:eek:Bloody hell where as my life gone :lol:.
I have to drive for my job because I am a mobile tech and I am also the main driver in our household so even drive us on holidays etc

I drive and I suffer from ROAD RAGE but I don't go that far away from to be honest.
It interferes with my drinking schedule:green:

i had my first driving lesson today actually =]

I havn't driven a car for 2 years...

Im the opposite to fi...
When i was 18 i Nicked my dads car to "pop down the servo for some fags" I was very drunk and ended up wrapping the car around a tree with my two best mates in the car.
Thanks be to my gaurdian angel that no one was hurt.. but for years after i struggled with panic anytime i got behind the wheel.. that went on for years.. and when i had my kids the thought of hurting them nearly killed me.. so i just gave up..
im actually a great driver.. i love the freedom, but one stupid decision took away my confidence.. Im a comfy passenger.. just not when in control!
one day soon i have decided to take a defensive driving course to get my esteem back up.. but the fact is.. i couldnt afford a car now if i wanted one.. let alone the keeping of one!

Two feet and a heartbeat is my motto.. i walk everywhere.. and if i cant.. i jump in with mates!

I got my beginner's licence right on my 16th birthday. I love driving and the freedom in provides. I live in an area where you really need to be able to drive - things are spaced far apart.

When I visited the UK I was shocked to see how many more people walk. And the cars were so teeny. And then there's the whole thing about driving on the left side....:lol:

Well I was just a kid but turns out the UK way seems a lot more green friendly now. Of course those were big cities like London where it makes more sense to walk.

I've been driving for about 23 yrs now......I've almost driven from coast to coast in the States:rolleyes:......and when I moved to Canada I drove.:eek:....took me 3 days travel...but I drove......I could not even imagine NOT having a car.....let alone NOT being able to drive.....I love the freedom it enables me to have .......nothing better than driving on a wind-y road with the sun roof open on a warm day with the stereo blasting !!!

I passed in an automatic after really only a few lessons as soon as I hit 17 (100% determined to have freedom) then last year I took my manual test after about 10 years driveing, which was really weird and proud to say I passed first time again. I was more nervous this time as everyone said how much harder the tests had become with more things being included (like car maintenence knowledge etc).
I love to drive and am happy to drive locally as well as up and down the motorway but the majority of my friends only drive around town and can't drive on motorways.

I was just wondering how many of you drive?

Being an "old un" and being able to drive what seems like an eternity :lol: I sometimes forget that some people don't drive!

Obviously - if you want to be a mobile tech then you have to drive..............

you know i can drive otherwise i wouldnt have sampled yor leek and spud soup :lol: and delicious it was too :hug:

Latest posts

Back