Can you earn a good living as a mobile beauty therapist?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorraine_2017

Reaction score
Hiya guys,

So I currently work for my family's business and am on a £24k basic, I am also mum to a 5 year old. I did my NVQ level 2&3 fast track (3 months) in 2016 and since then topped up with acrylic course and deep tissue. I am about to top up with lash perfect training and eve taylor training. I really really really want to take the plunge and become a mobile beauty therapist literally my dream career but im sooooo fearful of not being able to meet my financial responsibilities (rent, bills, car etc) . Any advice? Any recommended agencies I can join? Have heard of urban massage but I want to utilise all my skillset. Would be grateful for any advice ,thank you! xxx

Put yourself out there! I earn more than that on 3 days a week, it’s nerve wracking but you have to take the plunge at some point

Put yourself out there! I earn more than that on 3 days a week, it’s nerve wracking but you have to take the plunge at some point
Omg that's amazing! 3 days?! Wow Do you mind me asking what treatments you offer?

I’m a hairdresser but I’m sure it’s possible in beauty - I work two long days one short and am fully booked- no weekends either and I’m I can work round my children.

I’m a hairdresser but I’m sure it’s possible in beauty - I work two long days one short and am fully booked- no weekends either and I’m I can work round my children.
That's really good! Thank you for sharing and encouraging me to go for it x

Mobile therapists work twice as hard to make their money!

I’ve been mobile for nearly ten years now. It took a few years to get to where I am now so you might need to save some money before you take the plunge. I was lucky my husband supported me. I’ve now had a log cabin put in the garden and have started doing home work as well which is brilliant and as I get older will use it more as mobile is exhausting. I always say where there’s a will there’s a way so if it’s really what you want to do you should go for it! Good luck! Xx

Mobile therapists work twice as hard to make their money!

Really how did you come to that conclusion?

I control my own diary, pick which clients I do, I am flexible around my life, take 100% of what I earn and earn more part time than what I did full time in the salon.

I agree with EssexFreelance. Being mobile gives you more control of your time, cuz you decide when you work, who you do and so on. It's far more flexible than working full time for someone.

I’ve been mobile for nearly ten years now. It took a few years to get to where I am now so you might need to save some money before you take the plunge. I was lucky my husband supported me. I’ve now had a log cabin put in the garden and have started doing home work as well which is brilliant and as I get older will use it more as mobile is exhausting. I always say where there’s a will there’s a way so if it’s really what you want to do you should go for it! Good luck! Xx
hi, how did your log cabin go? I'm thinking of doing this, any tips?!

Log cabin sounds amazing! Yeah saving up is good idea, what treatments did you offer doing mobile? X

Really how did you come to that conclusion?

I control my own diary, pick which clients I do, I am flexible around my life, take 100% of what I earn and earn more part time than what I did full time in the salon.

Wow that's amazing working less but earning more ! How did you get work and what treatments were u offering when you started? X

Latest posts

Back