Can you encapsulate crystal in l&p?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyloutay

Reaction score
I'm sure the answer is already here but I cant find it.
would encapsulating swarovski crystals/other gems in l&p work? i hae seen on here people talking about putting gel over them but would it work with l&p? my instincts say it would make the nail too bulky and wouldnt really look right but I wondered if anyone has a solution. (I want long lasting crystals but havent trained in gels get)

thanks

Well you can, use it in the bottom layer. But it will dull the spark I'm afraid, it does however give a very interesting effect.

So you loose the sparkly effect (I find you do that with gel too) but get another effect instead.

If my clients want bling on their fingers, then I make sure to either inlay or use at cuticle end of the nail, they seem to last longer then.

Oh and I use gelbond (from CND) when I'm not inlaying.

thank you! ill have a go and see what it looks like!

Hey!

I was shown by a more experienced Nail Tech to press the gem into the acrylic - e.g onto the white when still slightly wet, and then use the end of my brush to really push it in, when the pink is applied it forms a small layer to help keep it in place so the gem is as permanant as the extension! You also dont get the bulky-ness of a gem being stuck on top!

I dont think it dulls the end result after buffing too much, but not sure about swarofski (sp!) as I havn't used them!

Katie xxx

if you completely inlay a gem you will loose the sparkle.

the thing that makes them sparkle is light reflecting off the cuts of the faceted surface of the gem.

when they are inlayed the acrylic covers the facets and they will not be able to catch the light and so they appear more 2 dimensional when enclosed within the nail.

tried outyour examples and as i thought, looks a bit poo :-( well, just not the effect i wanted! the cheap gems look like a ball of glass and the swarovski (much more sparkle normally) lost its lustre. ill stick to putting them on top and saying they will only last a night out!

Latest posts

Back