Can you get to Excell without the tube?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimbogeri

Reaction score
I'd decided against going to the show this year because I really hate the tube. And I mean really. I have anxiety attacks and I can just about handle 'normal' trains (because they have a toilet to hide in;) ), and I'd resigned myself to this until I looked up the map and saw that supposedly there is a normal rail line that runs past Custom House.
However, try as I might I just cannot find a ticket that doesn't involve the tube at all. I'm sure there must be a round about way, but of course you can't specify 'no nasty undergrouds trains please' when you do an online ticket search...
Can any Londoners help me out at all? I'm coming from the south coast so would probably get into London at Victoria... does anyone know a route from there that's 'above ground' only?
I really really want to sniff the Pinnacle Dew stuff, and I have wishlists for Millennium and Star nails and Nail Order that I could do with a discount on, but I don't think I'm in the right head space to get to the show if I have to use the tube.. Bit sad, aren't I..?
Lol xx

You're not sad love - everybody has fears!! You shoulda seen me trying to get my mum onto the top of an escalator last week when she was having a panic attack about it!

Why dont you phone London Regional Transport on 020 7222 1234 and ask them which buses run from Victoria to Customs House coz there are bound to be a few and its a shame for you to miss out.

Hmmm, trouble is, I can't do buses either!
My psychotherapist has told me off for coming up with 'too good' a symptom for my anxiety attacks - which is basically feeling like I really need the loo to the point where I feel utterly sick, dizzy and awful - which she can't counteract with any mind tricks or anything. I've had them on and off for 10 years, worse in the last 4 or 5, and the only way of getting rid of them is basically sorting out all the negativity in my head to a place where it's not then being physically manifested in the shape of my anxiety attacks. I'm getting much better at the moment, but don't think I'm quite ready to tackle 'toilet free transport' :) Hey, check me out, baring my soul ;)
Focusing on learning nails has actually been a great part of my therapy - taking control of my life rather than letting negative things drag me along - like obsessive boyfriends and evil uni lecturers :D . It's given me a new direction and a sense of being proactive.

Fingers crossed if I can't make it this year, I'll def be there next!

bimbogeri said:
Hmmm, trouble is, I can't do buses either!
My psychotherapist has told me off for coming up with 'too good' a symptom for my anxiety attacks - which is basically feeling like I really need the loo to the point where I feel utterly sick, dizzy and awful - which she can't counteract with any mind tricks or anything. I've had them on and off for 10 years, worse in the last 4 or 5, and the only way of getting rid of them is basically sorting out all the negativity in my head to a place where it's not then being physically manifested in the shape of my anxiety attacks. I'm getting much better at the moment, but don't think I'm quite ready to tackle 'toilet free transport' :) Hey, check me out, baring my soul ;)
Focusing on learning nails has actually been a great part of my therapy - taking control of my life rather than letting negative things drag me along - like obsessive boyfriends and evil uni lecturers :D . It's given me a new direction and a sense of being proactive.

Fingers crossed if I can't make it this year, I'll def be there next!
Ok, now i understand that the transport has to have a "comfort" loo. I'd still give the London Regional transport number a call as there may be an overground train that will get you there - worth a try. If not, all the best in your continued improvement and look forward to seeing you next year - YOU WILL MAKE IT, thats an order!!! :)

Latest posts

Back