Can you give me any advice re: PCOS/Clomid?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys!!

Well I've got my 6 month on appointment! Time has gone so quick , it's on 12th December, really hoping and praying he will give me clomid this time! I've lost just over 2 stone so far still got 2 weeks to lose some more. Unfortunately haven't fallen pregnant naturally but you never know ;)

Also been taking my metformin religiously so hoping that has helped a lot

Missty25 how are you getting on?

Hi Gcross,

I found out in 3rd August that I was actually pregnant, am now 21 weeks. I used the clear blue digital ovulation predictor a few months on the trot, it didn't work until the last time I used it in the July.

There is no rhyme or reason with PCOS as with my first it took 2 years TTC but with this pregnancy it took a little over a year and I was 2 stone Heavier than previous.

You have come so far and done so amazingly well with your weight loss, I hope your appointment goes well, please let me know or if you ever want to PM feel free. x

heavier than previously.

Hi Gcross,

I found out in 3rd August that I was actually pregnant, am now 21 weeks. I used the clear blue digital ovulation predictor a few months on the trot, it didn't work until the last time I used it in the July.

There is no rhyme or reason with PCOS as with my first it took 2 years TTC but with this pregnancy it took a little over a year and I was 2 stone Heavier than previous.

You have come so far and done so amazingly well with your weight loss, I hope your appointment goes well, please let me know or if you ever want to PM feel free. x

heavier than previously.

Oh wow that's amazing, congratulations!
I'm currently 1 stone heavier then I was when I feel pregnant first time round over 4 years ago.

I've used them ovulation kits, never had a positive result yet :-( given up with them now.

Thank you very much, I will let you know how appointment goes. Hope pregnancy is going well for you xxx

Gcross- can I ask were you on metaformin to regulate your cycle?

I have a friend in a similar situation she took metaformin but she only had a 1 day period in 80 days-that could still be on going I haven't asked, from a 35-50 day cycle so she hasn't been able to take the clomid as she hasn't had a period.

Good luck with your appointment :) xx

Gcross- can I ask were you on metaformin to regulate your cycle?

I have a friend in a similar situation she took metaformin but she only had a 1 day period in 80 days-that could still be on going I haven't asked, from a 35-50 day cycle so she hasn't been able to take the clomid as she hasn't had a period.

Good luck with your appointment :) xx

Yes, he said it was to help regulate my cycles and to help lose weight. Although I don't find it has helped with my cycles as I also haven't had a period for 85 days now and I've been on metformin for 6 months. apparently they can give you a drug called provera to help induce your period then you can start clomid, that is what I'm hoping for anyway :)

Xxxx

Thank you for sharing that, I shall let her know. Isn't it odd, it did that to my friend too such long cycle :(

Did you find it helped you with weightloss? Xx

No problem. Xx

I know it works out so far nearly 13 weeks since my last, wondering how much longer I'm going to have to wait!

I think it's helped with a few pounds, nothing major to be honest. I've done all the hard work! But hopefully it has done more helping me out with hormones and insulin levels ready for me to start clomid xx

I've always had tubal problems, (no fallopian tubes due to 2 ectopic pregnancys & hydro salpinx) never had pcos until 3 months ago at my first ivf scan, when she said I had it quite bad..

So I did weight watchers & I've lost 35lb since last year & I'm due for my ivf egg collection tomorrow.

They put me on a low dose of menopur to stimulate my ovaries but my ovaries wouldnt play ball & last week my ivf was threatened to be cancelled, I was devestated but they upped my dose slightly & I made a wish everynight & my follicles grew so here I am getting ready for my trip down to the hospital ready to make a baby.

I'm at risk of ohss so I'm taking daily Gestone & clexane injections & drink lots of water & whole milk.

Good luck girls x.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using SalonGeek

I've always had tubal problems, (no fallopian tubes due to 2 ectopic pregnancys & hydro salpinx) never had pcos until 3 months ago at my first ivf scan, when she said I had it quite bad..

So I did weight watchers & I've lost 35lb since last year & I'm due for my ivf egg collection tomorrow.

They put me on a low dose of menopur to stimulate my ovaries but my ovaries wouldnt play ball & last week my ivf was threatened to be cancelled, I was devestated but they upped my dose slightly & I made a wish everynight & my follicles grew so here I am getting ready for my trip down to the hospital ready to make a baby.

I'm at risk of ohss so I'm taking daily Gestone & clexane injections & drink lots of water & whole milk.

Good luck girls x.

Wow thats amazing, Congratulations on your weight loss!

How exciting, hope it all goes well for you, sending you lots of love and baby dust!

Let me know how it goes, good luck :)

XxxxX

Gcross- I asked my friend and she is now on day 90 odd, but I passed on your info of what to ask her Doctor for :) so Thanks again.

Well done to both of u on the weightloss :) xx

Good luck lush lash! Xx

15 eggs collected ladies, I'm tired & a bit achey but that was more eggs than expected.. hopefully they'll fertilise tonight & the eggs will be mature, now awaiting the dreaded phone call from the embryologist tomorrow morning for news on how they are doing, this is so scary xxxx

15 eggs collected ladies, I'm tired & a bit achey but that was more eggs than expected.. hopefully they'll fertilise tonight & the eggs will be mature, now awaiting the dreaded phone call from the embryologist tomorrow morning for news on how they are doing, this is so scary xxxx

Oh wow, amazing! Fingers crossed for you xxx

Ooo that's great lushlash-how are ur embies doing? Xx

Out of the 15 collected, 10 fertilised & are doing fine, 1 egg was immature so couldnt be fertilised & 4 eggs fertilised abnormally, all being well ill be having 3 day transfer monday, but embryologist is checking Monday morning & if embryos are growing strong she's taking them to a 5 day blast which in ivf is the best you could hope for, such a rollercoaster is this, I just keep hoping things are fine & I get the outcome I've waited 10 years for.

Thanks for asking xxx

Everything crossed for you :) how many would you like transfered? Xx

Because I'm under 30 my clinic will only transfer 1 embryo, but I could still get cheeky twinnys with just the one put back lol just hope it all runs smoothly xx

Congrats lush lash that's great news!

Someone on my Facebook has just announced there pregnancy made me feel down now... Grrrrr snap out of it! 10 days till my appointment x

Lushlash-sorry to be nosey, but have you paid for your treatment or is it NHS? If you have paid they can advise you on how many you can have transfered-but they can't force you to only have one if you want two. They are yours and it is your decision.

Altho my friend has twins- and it is hard work :) xx

Gcross- sorry u've had to see that :( but yes count down til ur appointment... It will be u soon :) xx

Hi steph its nhs treatment, I've got no fallopian tubes & sadly no living children, so I qualify on the nhs thankfully, its been a very long process getting to the IVF stage (5 years of seeing a fertility special & another 5 years trying prior to that, during all this time I've had a lot going on in the baby making department & a few things happened that shouldn't of happened but did, that's what made me lose both fallopian tubes) :(

I've had a call today to say I've 7 embryos doing well & she's taking them to a 5 day blastocyst transfer, there is a risk that they won't survive but & its a big but ... It drastically improves your chances of success if it works, also the thing to consider is if they don't survive the 5 days in culture its unlikely theyd of survived in my womb if they'd of been put back today.

I was a bit like um I don't know what to do when she called, but then I considered she is the expert I am not, & if they didn't think they could go the distance she wouldn't be risking it.

Embryologist said today because of my age & quality of embryos they wouldn't even consider doing a multiple transfer.

So its all or nothing now, its a 5 day blast transfer or no transfer at all, I'm just praying my ass off that they keep growing & on wednesday I get a little embie on board, so so nervous & I cannot honestly think of anything other, I haven't even booked clients in for this week as I cannot concentrate on anything other than this xxx

Latest posts

Back