Can you give me any advice re: PCOS/Clomid?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gcross - that's the reason I deleted my face book 2 years ago now, I'd get so depressed with everyone else's 'news' & none of my own, I use to cry sometimes that so & so was on her 3rd baby & I couldnt even have 1, it does get to you...

Keep your chin up, good things always happen for those that wait.

well I hope this saying is true :)

Xx

Sent from my HTC Desire C using SalonGeek

Lushlash- yes I believe it is 50/50 with a blast transfer, have everything crossed for you! They have done so well so far, so that is good news :) they wouldn't take u to blast if they didn't believe they would survive.

I don't blame you for taking time off, you will need it. This is the most important thing right now. Are you intending on working the 2 week wait? Xx

Gcross - that's the reason I deleted my face book 2 years ago now, I'd get so depressed with everyone else's 'news' & none of my own, I use to cry sometimes that so & so was on her 3rd baby & I couldnt even have 1, it does get to you...

Keep your chin up, good things always happen for those that wait.

well I hope this saying is true :)

Xx

I have everything crossed for you too! :) It's amazing they collected so many eggs!

I feel bad for getting down about other people's news ....and today I heard Kate and Will are expecting too! I get jealous but not in a nasty way, it feels like no one was pregnant before I found out about my condition but now I'm trying and can't get pregnant it seems like everyone is pregnant or giving birth....lol. I did have a dream last night that I did a pregnancy test and it was positive so i got all my family round and told them the good news and was crying and crying! So today, because also I haven't had a period since August and have been trying for bubba, I thought maybe there is a chance I'm preggers and my dream is a sign to do a test....so I went to asdas bought one and.....nope.....big fat negative line :-( then I saw the news of Kate and Will, had a little moment, then got on with my day, need to have good positive energy!

Yes, I love that saying, hope it really is true!

Xxx

How did it go today lush lash? X

How did it go today lush lash? X

Well out of my 10 embryos only 1 made it to blastocyst, so I had 1 good quality (grade 3bb, best grade for my clinic is grade 4bb, so its 1 below best quality) put back in my belly yesterday !

I'm quite shocked only 1 made it, that's a loss of 90% of my remaining embryos, but you know what ... It only takes 1 & I take great comfort in knowing 1 hung on for me.

I have none frozen but I said to my husband we don't need a back up plan!

Official test date is 18th december, 7 days before Xmas xxxx

Well out of my 10 embryos only 1 made it to blastocyst, so I had 1 good quality (grade 3bb, best grade for my clinic is grade 4bb, so its 1 below best quality) put back in my belly yesterday !

I'm quite shocked only 1 made it, that's a loss of 90% of my remaining embryos, but you know what ... It only takes 1 & I take great comfort in knowing 1 hung on for me.

I have none frozen but I said to my husband we don't need a back up plan!

Official test date is 18th december, 7 days before Xmas xxxx

That's so exciting, I'm so glad it's good news for you and the egg quality is good :)

So you do a pregnancy test on 18th? I hope the days fly by for you, waiting is the worst!

Xxx

Everything crossed for you. It is good that you had a clear front runner with your embies the best is on board! Keep us posted :) xx

Thought I'd update - our ivf treatment worked & we have 1 baby due on the 23rd August 2013, I just pray that everything will be ok as I've had a bit of spotting on & off for over a week, had a scan Xmas eve but didn't see heartbeat so back on New Year's Eve for a rescan, they say heartbeat is too early to hear as I'm only 5.5 weeks so I hope so much we hear it next week, although we did see gestational & yolk sac growing in the correct place (which is a massive milestone for me as my last 2 pregnancys have been tubal) xx

Thought I'd update - our ivf treatment worked & we have 1 baby due on the 23rd August 2013, I just pray that everything will be ok as I've had a bit of spotting on & off for over a week, had a scan Xmas eve but didn't see heartbeat so back on New Year's Eve for a rescan, they say heartbeat is too early to hear as I'm only 5.5 weeks so I hope so much we hear it next week, although we did see gestational & yolk sac growing in the correct place (which is a massive milestone for me as my last 2 pregnancys have been tubal) xx

I wish you all the luck in the world. I hope all goes perfect with your pregnancy. I was trying for a year to start a family, and used clomid and finally got pregnant the first month using it. 2 bouncing babies lol yes twins.xx all the best xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

There's my little sac & yolk sac growing exactly were it should be! fertility treatment is amazing!!

I have no Fallopian tubes so without ivf that picture wouldn't be possible, don't give up hope.

I had 10 years of it not happening so if it can happen to me after that long it can happen to anyone :) x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1356561762.717780.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1356561762.717780.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 53
I wish you all the luck in the world. I hope all goes perfect with your pregnancy. I was trying for a year to start a family, and used clomid and finally got pregnant the first month using it. 2 bouncing babies lol yes twins.xx all the best xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

Thank you :) xxxxx

That's amazing lush lash, what a special xmas present. Really pleased for you :)

I didn't get clomid, I've got to have an operation in the new year, he wants to do an endoscopy to check my Fallopian tubes, womb and to see how bad my ovaries are, if all is good then I can have clomid, if not then I will have ovarian drilling and IUI. More waiting around though :-( heartbreaking as I had set myself up for clomid. Xx

One of my sisters has PCOS and is 30 next month. She's single at the moment but I know she is quite sad about the fact it could be difficult for her to have children (and our other sister had a baby boy in April this year).

I'm going to send her the link to this thread as there's so much support here, thank you :)

Lushlash- Wow, congrats :) made up for you! Xx

Gcross- Oh what a pain, but *fingerscrossed* the route they are going with you is the best route for you to have a little one. Keep us posted, and good luck with everything xx

Just thought I'd tell u, my friend I asked you questions about is Pregnant, so happy for her :) xx

Ah that's great! seems like a good year to get pregnant then. Hopefully my turn next :) x

I had my operation yesterday, recovering nicely. He said all is fine down there, just a few cysts on ovaries as to be expected but he thinks that's defo the only reason that's stopping me getting pregnant. So will be getting clomid in 3 weeks, so excited cant stop smiling. I finally know I'm getting it after I've been asking the doctor for months, I've lost the weight had my operation and now I'm getting clomid. Hoping it will work for me :) xxx

Just stopping by to share some love for this thread!! I was diagnosed nearly 2 years ago & until recently felt so alone in my struggle! Thankyou for giving me hope :) I received the book that another post recommended. I'm only a few pages in & the tears are flowing already! Lol. Love to you all xx

Hi ShellacMad xx

Yes the book is a good read! So glad it was recommended. Have you had any treatment for pcos? Don't worry your not alone xxx
:hug:

Me too, just trying to get my head around it all!
I haven't had any treatment but I'm hoping my gp will put me on metformin. The only advice I have is to take the contraceptive pill as that helps control symptoms...which it doesn't grrr.
I'm starting to realise its not as uncommon as I thought, & I'm determined not to let it control my life!
Thanks for the reply :) xx

Latest posts

Back